What Are You?

By elenacopper  61.2K Reads, 4.3K Votes, 51 Parts

He steps closer and now he's standing in front of me. Eyes looking intensely at me like he's staring deep into my soul and I can't seem to look away.

He leans his face closer to mine, "You look scared, Noona." He grazes the back of his hand against my cheek, trailing it to my jaw, then to my neck.

I shudder at the feeling.

I open my mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. It was like he has cast a spell on me and I can't seem to move and speak.

He leans closer, his breath hitting my ear. I gasp at the feeling.

"You should be scared." He whispers and tilts his head a bit then kisses my jaw.

Kicked out of her apartment, a huge loan on her small shoulders, and a sick mother in the hospital. 

Well that's what Rosé is going through. Sad, right?

But, her life changes as she saves a woman's life.

That woman offers her a job with a handsome payment as a gratitude for saving her life. 

The job is to babysit her son. It's easy right? Well that's what Rosé thinks.

But everything is not what it seems. Read it to find out...

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

The cover of your book is beautiful.  I think it goes really well with the story.  

From the first few chapters I read, your book comes off as a creepypasta including jump scares.  I like how you made the fact that she lives with the disturbed Jimin plausible.  The whole story is very imaginative and fun to read.  The reader wants to know what really happen to him and why he acts that way.   This is the driving force of the story apart from the intensifying romance.  I like how they have all these little moments yet you manage to give the story a slow burn kind of feel.

You were able to convey the feeling by presenting the story in the first person pov so you can really get into the character's place.  I like how you hint in almost every chapter that there might be something wrong with her also. 

The biggest problem I see is tense related.  You can fix this with a grammar checker like Grammarly or have someone proofread your work. 

"Did you had a nightmare?"  should be "Did you have a nightmare?"

I also saw a recurring mistake with the punctuation in the dialogue.

"Look, if he has hurt you then I'll pay for all the damages." She says apologetically.

"Look, if he has hurt you then I'll pay for the damages," she says apologetically.

Check the punctuating dialogue chapter in this book.

Finally, I can say I really enjoyed reading your book and it is worthy of the many reads it has received.  To my readers, if you're in the mood for an angsty romance, I recommend this book.  You will especially enjoy the surprise at the end.