penny for your thoughts.

the next morning you eat breakfast and everything normal. today you with me working on cleaning out the pools. you all start walking to the wave pool.

C | wave pools are just like divots in the ground.

P | no.. i mean a little. they kinda have walls.

y/n | what are you guys talking about?

C | WAVE POOLS.

you get to the wave pool and nasty water had been building up at the deepest end. you got cleaning buckets and scooped the water and dumped it through the fence. soon there was little to no water. you could no longer pick it up. you took brooms and spread out the water so it would dry in the sun. it was very hot.

C | nick can you get cleaning supplies from the pool cleaning shed.

N | where even is it?

y/n | oh i know. come with me.

N | okay.

you have to walk a little ways.

y/n | sooo nick how have you been.

N | thinking mostly about the missing poster.

y/n | what about it.

N | my poor family man. i didn't have a big problem with them. they were mostly supportive except they could be unfair... like any parent.

y/n | right.

N | yeah.

you look at him. there was an odd look on his face.

y/n | penny for your thoughts?

nick looks at you confused. you smile at him. he opens his hand and you pull a penny out of your pocket and hand it to him.

N | have you thought about going back home?

y/n | no why?

he doesn't say anything.

y/n | do you want go home?

N | idk. i could. i need more time to think. but don't tell the boys.

y/n | i won't.

N | thank you y/n.

y/n | yeah.

you keep walking. you are pretty silent the rest of the way there. you show him the shed and you grab cleaning supplies. you take them back to the boys. you clean them by scrubbing with brooms.

P | y/n get on my shoulder and get the sign.

you climb up on his shoulders. you start scrubbing the sign. it says "Klanker Wave Pool" and in smaller letters it said "feel the wave". payton tries to get you down.

P | fuck!

he slips on a puddle of bleach.

y/n | payton!

it all happened really fast you kinda just bunched up. you feet hit the ground really hard but the rest of you didn't fall. you turn around and nick has caught you. you turn around and give him a hug.

y/n | thank you.

N | anytime.

you turn around and payton has caught himself.

y/n | are you okay?

P | i should be asking you?

y/n | nick caught me. but are you??

P | i'm all good.

y/n | thank you nick! i could have died

N | no problem.

you finish up the wave pool then you all head back for cold drinks. it was so hot outside. you all decide to watch a movie in chase and payton's room. you push their mattresses together to make one big bed and you all lay down. you watch a scary movie. about half way through the movie payton and chase fall asleep.

N | how are these noobs asleep.

y/n | for real! but you guys need more pillows so you don't have to lean against this wall.

N | here.

Do you think nick will go home? after how far you've gotten.