a clearing.

N | nothing.

y/n | nick tell me please.

N | you really want to know.

y/n | yeah.

N | i'm still in love with you y/n and walking in on you and payton crushed me but i still loved you. i don't think anything could ever change that. i've seen you in your worst and definitely at your best. i helped you when your dad you hit you. when you would have panic attacks about what your parents would do to you i would always be there. i miss that.

y/n | nick.

tears start rushing down his face and he struggles to talk still.

N | i miss us. i miss cuddling with you before bed. i miss our midnight walks to klanker when we would watch the stars for hours and talk. i miss the nights you would sneak over to my house and you would lay in my arms and talk to me. i miss work with you. i miss those cute hugs you would give me when you walked into 7-11.

a tear rolls down your cheek.

N | i miss you y/n. more than i could ever tell you. i hate seeing you with someone else who i know damn well doesn't love you as much as i do. would he forgive you for seeing another guy during your relationship. i don't know maybe he would but what i was saying is that....i still love you.

y/n | nick i can't. i'm with-

N | no that's fine... i shouldn't have said anything. forget it... i just thought you wanted to know.

he wipes his tears and walks off.

y/n | nick wait-

you cover your face in your hands and yell at yourself.

y/n | Fuck Fuck FUCK!!! what the HELL y/n.

you start crying harder.

y/n | you blew it. you FUCKING blew it. SHIT!

you sit there and cry for an hour. no one even realizes. you grab your stuff and go back to you and payton's room. he's not in there. you see everyone in the main area so you just turn around and lay on your bed. you cry yourself to sleep. you wake up and payton is holding you but he's asleep. you check the time it's 3:27. you get up and try your best not to wake up payton. you walk outside and the stars are so bright. you get a blanket from a shop and hop the fence of klanker. you walk the sidewalk that you would walk to your house. but about a fourth mile up you hop the hedges into the woods. a little ways in there is a clearing in the trees where you and nick used to stargaze. you walk through the trees and when you get there you hear a noise. it's the sound of sobbing. you peek around a tree and you see nick.

y/n | nick?

he looks up.

N | y/n??

you walk over to him.

N | what are you doing out here.

y/n | i could ask you the same question.

you help him up.

N | i came out here to get away and think. i do it a lot.

you don't say anything and he looks up at you. his eyes are red from crying. you see the pain he's going deeper. without another though you wrap your arms around him. he starts crying into your shoulder and he puts his hands on your back. you scratch the back of his head lightly.

y/n | i still love you too nick.

wait... what are you doing??