attic.

you chase her for a minute.

y/n | R!   RILEY!

she stops and turns around.

Riley (R) | y/n?!

she runs over and hugs you.

R | i thought you were the police dude.

y/n | no way! it's great seeing you after so
many years!

R | same to you... did y'all get out?

y/n | i escaped so i better get going.

R | come on then.

y/n | i know a place.

you and riley begin running. i'll give you a little background on riley. you met riley when you were training for the FBI when you were a toddler. you were best friends. you got separated after then but just a few years ago you saw her parents on tv and got her last name. after doing lots of research you found her number and you had been calling for about a year 1/2. riley ran away from her parents after they got abusive during a case in Portland. you ran to nick's house.

R | are you dumb we can't go to someone's house!?

y/n | these are nick's parents i trust them.

R | you can't trust anyone.

y/n | we can. they were more of parents to me then my own. you can keep running if you want. this is where i am staying.

she looks at you for a minute then hops the fence. you follow behind her and knock on their back door. his mom lets you in and gives you a hug.

nick's mom | omg y/n i haven't seen you in so long.

you get a little choked up thinking about all the memories you made with nick and his family.

y/n | i missed you too.

she lets go and you go hug his father.

nick's mom | who do you have here?

y/n | this is my friend riley. i met her years ago. she is helping us out of this shit.

nick's mom opens her arms and hugs riley. you can tell riley hasn't had anyone care about her since she ran from her parents so after a few seconds she hugs her back.

R | thanks for having me. it means a lot.

nick's dad | anything we can do to help.

there's a knock at the front door. you heart drops and you look at riley then to nick's parents.

nick's mom | go! into the attic! hide!

y/n | don't answer the door.

nick's mom | we won't. we are "sleeping"

she winks. you take riley to the attic and close it behind you. you turn on a lantern they have up there. it's really cold. you and riley sit against a wall under the blanket. you hear the door open downstairs.

R | what are they thinking?!

??? | i heard you guys are hiding something.

you heart drops again.

nicks mom | come in.

R | is she dumb?! omg she is going to blow our cover.

y/n | i trust her. she's smart.

you listen to her as she walks closer to the attic. the door opens. you and riley look at the light shining up into the attic.

did nick's mom really just blow your cover!? and the new book "it girl <3: Forever & Always" is out!! go read the first 2 books if you haven't already!