z.

y/n | it'll be fine calm down.

N | are you crazy?!

y/n | come on we should head back.

nick is really skiddish on the way back.

y/n | literally clam down. it's okay. i'll talk it through with him. you don't even have to worry about it. worst case scenario he breaks up with me.

N | you sound unphased.

y/n | no i love him. we made a mistake. but i'm going to try to be honest.

N | you know your talking about literally kissing another guy. while you're dating.

y/n | yes.

you part ways and lay back down. payton try's to put his arms around you. you push it off.

P | oh my goodness. you always come back in a weird mood after these walks. do you guys direct a cult or something?

y/n | we kissed payton.

P | what?

y/n | i'm sorry it was my fault.

P | dude. you said you didn't like him.

y/n | i don't and i told him that.

P | why don't you just break up with me already. i feel like you have given me 100 signs that you don't love me anymore and i'm so in love with you i don't want to come to terms with it. so if you want to leave go.

y/n | payton. that's not what i meant.

P | then what do you mean, huh?

he looks over at you. you stare into his eyes. you see all the hurt he's been through in the last few hours. it breaks you.

y/n | payton. i'm sorry.

P | it's fine. it's okay. i'm used to it.

it's almost as if you watched his heart shatter.

P | i don't think we were meant for each other y/n.

y/n | payton.

P | i'm breaking up with you y/n.

a tear rolls down your cheek.

P | go. take your stuff.

you pack your stuff into your bags. it takes you a few minutes. you throw it on your back and walk over to chase and nick's place. they are both asleep. you set your stuff on the floor and and sit down on the floor. tear after tear falls from your eye. you start thinking back to your past. the first day of FBI training school. your first case. travling to italy. your old friends. the first day you met nick. when you found out payton was on the case too. moving to klanker. 4th of july. before you know it the sun peeks over the horizon. chase sits up and sees you.

C | hey y/n? what are you doing.

y/n | me and payton are done.

C | really?!

y/n | yeah. i kissed nick. that was the last straw for him. he snapped and told me to leave.

C | does nick know?

y/n | nope.

C | you just sat there all night?

y/n | i didn't want to bother you.

C | you aren't bothering us?

chase sits down by you on the floor.

oh no. do you think payton's decision was right?