Chapter 11- Work

"So if 8a^3 times b/32 equals 1,080, and b is equal to 160, what does a equal?" I read the question slowly, allowing my brain to slowly process the information.

Sean groans beside me. "I will never understand why Archimedes or any of those assholes decided to put letters in math. It's fucking MATH! The whole point is to use numbers."

I chuckle at his outburst. We're currently sitting at the island in his kitchen, working on our separate homework assignments. I'd forgotten I wasn't alone and had read a math question aloud. It wasn't that difficult of a question, and I had a feeling Sean knew this, but I think he was being overdramatic just to make me laugh. It worked.

"Aw, come on ya big baby. Use that big basketball-sized head of yours, I know you can do it!" It'd been three weeks since I started tutoring Sean, and things had been going really well. I'd started coming out of my shell more and more, learning to hide my painfully obvious love for the boy sitting next to me. I'd come to look forward to lunch hour so that I could see his gorgeous face one more time in my day.

Sean looks at me in surprise, the corner of his mouth twitching into a smirk. "Oh, I understand. Rabbit's grown some balls, hasn't he?"

"With how often I have to tutor you, I'd bet that's the first time you've understood anything..."

He stands up from his stool, eyes blazing with mischief. "I suggest you finally live up to your nickname and run, Luke." His voice low and intimidating.

Resisting the urge to shiver at his incredibly sexy actions, I get up and bolt out of the kitchen. I have no idea what this boy plans on doing to me, but I just know that I don't want to see what those plans will actually be.

I run around the house, Sean looming behind me. When I look back, I see that he's smiling and not at all winded, meanwhile, I look like a fire hydrant and sound like an asthmatic grandfather laughing. We both know he's not running at full speed, he'd catch up to me in a second if he did, but we were both having too much fun to care.

As I ran back into the kitchen, I take a look behind me and am surprised to see that no one is there. Where did the boy go?

Suddenly, I run face-first into a solid brick wall. I begin to fall backward, and the wall wraps his arms around me and falls with me, making sure to break my momentum so I don't hurt myself.

Sean smirks victoriously above me, beautiful black hair falling into his eyes. "Well, would'ja look at that? I've snared myself a rabbit." He chuckles darkly.

Sean takes both of my wrists in one hand and holds them above my head, restraining me, before he uses his other hand to tickle me mercilessly. I don't think he knew how ticklish I was when he began this chase, but he most certainly did when it ended. His devilish fingers run up and down my sides, causing the most unbecoming laugh to pour out of my mouth.

"Ah! Ha... s-stop, please!!! I plea in between my abundant laughter.

"Nah, I think me and my dumb brain are gonna continue a bit longer," He smirks as his fingers continue his assault.

I struggle against his hand, but he is way stronger than I. "I'm sorry! You're smart, I'm the dumb one!" I struggle to get out the words as his fingers work overtime.

"Ugh, fine!" He ceases his assault on my sides but maintains his position over me. Sean stares at me intensely, his big blue eyes piercing into my dull green ones. I feel as if he's staring into my soul. It does not escape my mind that we're currently in a compromising position. One of his hands restraining my own, his other pushing himself up so he can continue to glare at me, and one of his knees resting between my legs far too close to my... area... for comfort. I swear it takes every ounce of self-control not to become aroused. We stare at each other for about thirty seconds, comfortable in the odd position.

"Sean! Luke! It's time for Luke to leave!" Rachel's voice breaks the spell that had been placed over us. Sean immediately releases my wrists from his grasp and uses that same hand to help me off the ground. A blush rises to my cheeks as I realize we've almost been caught red-handed. 

Thankfully, Rachel herself hadn't seen anything. She just then waltzed into the room, a giggling Aurora balanced carefully on her hip. "I'm sorry boys, but it's 7:30." Rachel had been a blessing, reminding us every night when it was time for me to leave. I swear, without her, I would've been late on multiple occasions. 

I clear my throat and start to gather my things. "Th-thank you, Rachel." 

I fling the bag over my shoulder, give a semi-curt nod to Sean, and race out of the house.

Upon reaching my house, I fling the bag and my body onto the bed. My hands raise to cover my face, partially in embarrassment, partially so I can understand what the heck just happened.

He was so close...

Slowly, I begin to smile under my hands. The smile turns to a chuckle. The chuckle turns to an all-out belly laugh. My hands remove themselves from my face and relocate to my stomach, trying to hold in whatever laughter they can.  

What the heck?! Why would Sean freaking Jackson want to be so close to me? Why didn't he immediately get off of me as soon as he was finished tickling me? Why... was I so happy that he didn't?"

I sit up, suddenly, as a stroke of inspiration hits me. Mrs. Aslin had told me I needed to start writing a song. Why not write one about Sean? He certainly makes me feel...things... that would be interesting when set to music.

Without a moment's hesitation, I rise from my bed and go to my desk. I pull out a fresh notebook from my desk's drawer. After all, what's more inspiring than a crisp, new notebook?

I pull out a pencil and, still dizzy from the events that had taken place not even an hour before, set to work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!

I hope y'all appreciate me coming up with an actual math equation at the beginning of the chapter. The math is real, by the way. The answer is 3.

I'm sorry this took so long but I kinda got distracted. I was busy reading any updates on the situation with Naya Rivera. As some of you may know, Naya Rivera played Santana Lopez on Glee. Last week, she went missing while she was out on a lake with her little boy, Josey. Glee was my life growing up, and Santana has always been one of my favorites. But, more importantly, this is about a woman who has probably drowned in a lake out in Ventura, California. My heart is breaking for both her and her baby who had to lose his mom at 4 years old. I hope with all my heart that they find her safe and sound, but rationally I know that the Glee Curse has claimed its third victim. (If you don't know what I mean by that, look up the deaths of Cory Monteith, Finn Hudson on the show, and Mark Salling, Noah Puckerman on the show. Also, Leah Michael, Rachel Berry on the show, isn't dead but she's in some pretty hot water for being a bit racist...)

Other than that, I hope you all have a great evening and I'll see y'all later.