Chapter 29- Caught

"Hey mom..."

Sean's voice trails off as he winces. I can barely move. I am paralyzed with fear.

This is it. She knows. Sean's mom knows about us as she's going to kick me out. She's gonna tell my father about how I turned her son into a fairy. She's gonna get Sean's father to come in and beat me. Or worse... beat Sean.

Dear Lord, please no. I pray to you, I BEG you, please do not let him get hurt. If someone receives a beating tonight, I beg of you to let it be me.

I faintly feel Sean pull me closer into his chest, rubbing his hand across my back. I bet he could feel my heart from how much it was racing and was trying to calm me. It didn't work as well as normal, but the gentle beating of his heart against my cheek was able to ward off the panic attack I should have had.

"Sean," His mother speaks again. "Who is this... young man?"

"This is Luke Harrison, Mother."

I turn my head so that I can see her more clearly. She's a short woman, about 5'2". She has long, straight black hair that runs down to her bottom. Her piercing green eyes shift between the two of us, utterly shocked.

"I see..." She trails off. She just stands there and thinks for a moment. I can see the gears turning in her head.

"Is... why... are..." She stutters so much someone might've thought it was me talking."

Eventually, she clears her throat and looks straight at her son. "Sean, I already have an idea, but would you please explain what I just saw?"

Sean stares back at her with the same confidence. "Luke is my boyfriend, Mother. I love him."

"Sean, you never told me you were interested in men."

He shrugged. "You're never home."

She rolls her eyes. "The phone exists. I do wish you would have told me, many of my rich friends have plenty of eligible bachelors I could've introduced you to."

A sharp pang runs through my heart, but this time it's out of jealousy, not panic. I unconsciously pull Sean closer.

Sean's glare is intense. He speaks slowly through gritted teeth. "I... appreciate the thought, but I am deeply in love with Luke and I have been for a while. It would have been useless for you to try."

Sean's mom frowns. "Fine..."

Then she turns to me. "My name is Bianca. Please refrain from giving my son any STI's." She says before exiting the room.

When she leaves, Sean let's out a menacing growl of frustration. "Welp, she's still a classist bitch, but at least she's not homophobic as well."

I don't respond. Sean looks down at me, still clinging to him desperately. "Rabbit? Are you okay?"

I somehow break through my panic and manage to shake my head. Sean wraps my legs around his waist and leads us out of the pool. He gently sets me on a lounge chair and wraps a fluffy towel on me. He quickly picks me up again, only to sit down on the chair himself and place me on his lap.

"Luka, I need you to talk to me, baby." He whispers softly, resuming his soothing rubbing of my back. "I get that you're scared but I can't help you if you don't explain why."

Like a kicked puppy, I'm shaking in his arms. I look up to him with desperate eyes. "I-I'm af-f-raid." I whisper.

"Why, baby?"

I gulp audibly. "S-she coul-ld have h-hurt yo-ou."

His brow furrows in confusion. "What do you mean? Yeah, she's a bitch but she'd never hit me. Where did you get that idea."