Chapter 40- Healing

About an hour after I woke up, two police officers entered my room along with a woman from Child Protective Services. The interrogation was long and ruthless, neither of the three adults wanted there to be any chance that I was leaving out some detail of the event.

It turns out, besides the beating itself, what my father had done was incredibly illegal. There's no real "legal" way to kick out your kid unless they're an adult. I don't turn 18 for another two months, so my father is facing Child Abandonment charges as well as regular abuse charges.

The best part about the situation was the subject of my housing. The CPS lady wanted to take me to an orphanage or something, but Sean wasn't hearing any of it. He immediately called his mother, the family law attorney, and basically guilt-tripped her into helping me. I didn't catch the full conversation but, in exchange for not telling the CPS chick about how often they left Sean and Aurora alone, she agreed to formally foster me until I went off to college.

That night when I went left the hospital, I was finally able to go to the place I called home. Not the house with my father, but the house with my Sean.

I was incredibly sore the next couple of days. Being beaten to a pulp will do that to you. Sean was more than accomodating. For two whole days, he refused to let me leave his bed unless it was to use the restroom. Other than that, he practically waited on me hand and foot. Bringing me food, playing games with me, chasing away my boredom. I kind of felt bad for taking up so much of his time, but any time I brought up the notion of me doing anything on my own, Sean immediately shut it down and distracted me with his heart-stopping kisses.

It's currently Tuesday, 4 days after the fiasco and Christmas Eve. I'd finally been able to get out of bed without being excruciatingly sore, so I'd managed to convince Sean that we could still go to Beth's party. He'd agreed with the stipulation that I wouldn't drink so as not to mess with my medicine.

Ha, me? Drinking while underage?  You'd think he'd forgotten he's dating a goody-two-shoes.

I have a couple hours before I need to get ready, so I'm just lounging with Sean on his bed. I'm leaning back against his chest with his arms and legs wrapped around me, hands busy mashing a controller as he tries to complete Cuphead, just like he's been doing the past few days.

"Goddamnit, Bitch!!" He curses. Baroness Von Bon Bon has won again.

I smirk. "Language!" He knows I'm not serious. Honestly, it'd feel weird if Sean wasn't cursing in every other sentence.

"Tell this bitch to stop acting like a bitch and I won't have to call her that!"

I roll my eyes and snuggle further into him. We both know he's very bad at the game, but it gives us plenty of time to just hang out together. He'd offered to play two-player with me, but I declined. It's a lot funnier to watch someone else fail than it is to fail yourself.

"Ok, Mr. Pottymouth."

He leans down to line his lips up with my ear. 

"Now now, Rabbit. I think we both know how much you love what I do with my mouth..."

His husky voice makes me shiver, but he doesn't address it. He simply returns to his game, ignoring my newfound uncomfortableness.

That's another new development. I seriously think Sean believes sex can heal wounds, cause that's pretty much all he's been asking for since Friday. We hadn't gone "all the way", but we'd certainly spent plenty of time exploring each other.

I'm not gonna lie... I have been thinking about taking that one big step. I know what you're thinking, "Luke, aren't you going to wait until marriage?!" The simple answer: heck no! There is nothing in the Bible that says gay men can't have sex before marriage. It does say gay men aren't supposed to have sex at ALL, but we're obviously ignoring that rule.