Chapter 27- Mornin'

The harsh sunlight streaming through the window rouses me from my deep sleep. I groan at the harsh light, wishing the sun had a snooze button, and rub the sleep from my eyes.

Strangely, I find that I feel quite eager to start my day. Normally, I'd just lay in bed for a few minutes trying to convince myself to leave it. I haven't felt this well rested in forever.

I have a feeling that the cause of my unusually good night's rest is connected to the heavy arm draped over my waist, pulling me into a hard chest. As soon as we got back to Sean's house, he'd wanted nothing more than to cuddle in bed and watch Netflix. He was still pretty clingy from the show, and who am I to reject such a request? He let me borrow a t-shirt and a pair of boxers before we crawled under the covers. We'd watched only a single episode of The Office before I started to fall asleep in his arms. Sean just chuckled, turned off the tv, and pulled my body closer to his.

I'm still in the same position however many hours later. His left arm draped around my waist, our legs tangled together, and my head resting on his chest. My ear is pressed over where his heart is beating in a hypnotically soothing rhythm. I close my eyes and just listen to his heartbeat, allowing my head to rise and fall with the movement of his breathing.

Why can't I always wake up like this?

"Mmmm," Sean's deep voice grumbles as he starts to stir. His body stretches, forcing my head to move along with it. "Mornin', baby." His arm tightens around me.

I smile. "Morning. How'd you sleep?"

"Perfectly. I had my favorite stuffed animal to cuddle."

I didn't know whether to scold him for calling me an object or blush. I did the latter. "S-same."

Sean leans down and kisses the top of my head. "I quite like waking up with you wrapped around me. I might never let you leave."

"I won't stop you."

Sean laughs into my hair.

"What time is it?"

Sean quickly turns over to check the clock. "It's almost 11. Wanna go get some breakfast?"

I groan. "No! I wanna stay and cuddle..."

My gorgeous boyfriend smiles. "I'll carry you if you'd like?"

I smile. He carried me upstairs yesterday, too. I have a feeling he likes it just as much if not more than I do. So, I gently nod into his chest.

Without hesitation or much effort, Sean does a sit-up in bed. Never letting go of me, he plucks me into the air and guides me down to the kitchen. I help him a bit by securing my arms and legs around him, but other than that I just snuggle deeper into his chest and enjoy the feeling of flying.

"What would you like to eat, Rabbit?" He whispers lowly into my ear as we enter the kitchen.

I fight the urge to shiver. "I dunno, whatever you-"

"Bunny?" A small voice chimes in behind me. I turn my head to see Aurora. She's wearing a big teal tutu and is coloring a picture of Ariel on the kitchen island. Rachel is sat beside her, also coloring a picture of Ursula. "What are you doing here, Bunny?"

I look at Rachel and see a glimmer of mischief in her eye, causing me to blush. I'm sure it looked quite... scandalous, me sleeping over and Sean carrying me into the kitchen. Thank Gosh Aurora's only five. That would be pretty high on the list of ways I WOULDN'T want to inform the girl that I'm dating her brother.

A gentle tap on his shoulder notifies Sean that I'd like to get down. Still quite embarrassed, I walk over to Aurora.

"H-Hey, Princess. I slept over last night."

Aurora just looks more confused. "Why? Seanie doesn't normally let anyone sleepover?"

Good to know.

"Well... Aurora... I slept over because we got home really late."

"Where did you go?"

Here it is. "We were on a date..."

I decided not to lie to her. She'd find out sooner or later, and there's no way I'd deny being with Sean. I know it seems silly to seek a little child's approval, but she's one of the most important people in Sean's life.

Sean slowly walks up behind me, wrapping his arms around me in comfort.

Aurora looks over at her brother, then back at me. "Are you and Seanie's boyfriend and boyfriend?"

I nod.

"Did you and Seanie kiss?"

Another nod.

Her face scrunches up to one of disgust. "That's icky."

I swear my heart almost shattered into pieces.

"Aurora!" Rachel scolds from behind her. "That is very rude for you to say! There is nothing gross with two boys being together."

"Duh. I know that." Aurora says to her nanny. "It's not icky cause they're boys. It's icky because that means that Seanie gave Bunny his cooties!"

Relief washes over me. Sean laughs behind me, and I can feel the vibrations in his chest.

"Princess, for the last time, I don't have cooties because they aren't real!"

Aurora just shakes her head before narrowing her eyes at her brother. "That's what they all say..."

"I hope you know you have my support as well. I love Sean like my own, so as long as he's happy, I'm happy." Rachel smiles at me. "Also, I have two plates of pancakes sitting on the dining room for you boys. I only put them out a few minutes ago, so they should still be warm."

"Th-thank you so much. That means a lot."

"Don't mention it." Warily, Rachel glances down at Aurora who was now obliviously coloring away. "Also, I left a little... surprise for you as well."

Sean and I say thank you once more before heading to the dining room. Along the way, Sean managed to link my hand with his.

"You're cute when you're nervous..."

I blush. "Oh, really?"

"Yeah," Sean chuckles. "That's why I find you cute all day every day."

I playfully hit his shoulder, despite knowing how true the statement was.

When we get to the dining room, sure enough, we find two piping hot shortstacks waiting for us. As we begin to take our seats, I notice Rachel's "present".

A box of Trojan condoms.

"Really?" Sean picks it up with a smirk and mumbles to himself. "Sorry Rach... too small."

Both the object and his words cause me to turn so red I must resemble a firetruck.

Sean looks at me smiling and rejoins our hands. "I had a lot of fun last night, Rabbit. Really. And despite Rachel's...insinuations... I have no problems just hanging out with you and getting to know you. I'll wait for you as long as you need me to."

I place a shy kiss on his lips. "I-I know. Thank you."

"I love you, Sean."

"I love you too, Luka."