Chapter 32- Resistance *MATURE*

"Precipitation!" My father's voice booms across the classroom. "When the clouds get so heavy they succumb to gravity and come tumbling down to the earth."

He pauses, waiting for a reaction that never comes. Our class is usually painfully quiet, but the downpour outside has made us even calmer than usual. Sean hasn't even made a sarcastic comment yet, he's just sitting there, staring off into space and praying for class to be over.

My father frowns. "In other words, it's raining."

"As some of you may know, precipitation is not just the rain itself, but the action of the rain falling. 'Precipitation', in terms of chemistry, is when a liquid forms into a solid. That may seem strange, as rain comes to us in the form of a liquid, but when clouds begin to fall apart, the gaseous water molecules freeze and become crystals, only melting back into water once they get closer to the heat of the earth."

I think I see Sean drooling, he's so bored.

As his boyfriend, I think it's my job to entertain him.

We're sitting near the back of the classroom, so it isn't very difficult to secretly pull out a slip of spare notebook paper and a pencil. It takes me a minute to figure out what to write, but I smile to myself mischievously when it comes to me. 

I scribble the note onto the paper and slide it over to him.

Are you ok?

He looks at the note and scrunches his eyebrows in confusion.

What do you mean?

Are you hurt?

Uh... no?

That's good. I was worried you may have broken something when you fell from heaven.

I bite my lip to hide my smile, but my eyes give it away. It's been a couple of weeks since the church disaster, and Sean and I have gotten a lot closer. We've been hanging out and talking constantly, never getting enough of each other. 

Despite our bonding, we haven't gone further than a few semi-heated makeout sessions. It's not that I didn't trust him, I just didn't trust myself not to ruin everything by being embarrassed and nervous. Despite how innocent it may seem, my innocent little pickup line was the most forward I've been since I sang him that song.

Sean's eyes go a bit wide when he reads my note, a small smile forming on his lips. He quickly glances at me to gauge my emotions, and ends up returning my mischievous expression.

Oh yeah, I fell so hard for you, I can't even think straight!

I chuckle a bit.

 Alright, so long as you keep falling into my arms.

Ah, I couldn't stop if I tried.

At this point, my cheeks are bright red. Not out of embarrassment, but excitement. Who knew flirting with your boyfriend was so much fun?

When I pass the paper back, Sean pauses. His eyes lose that mischievous sparkle for a minute as he thinks. He takes a deep breath and bites his lip before hesitantly handing the paper back to me, obviously a bit nervous but maintaining a confident air about him.

Alright. You can fall into my lap and we'll talk about the first thing that rises.

For a moment, I just stare at the page in confusion, trying to figure out why he was hesitant about saying it.

First thing that rises... first thing that... OH GOSH!

Now, the blush that stains my cheeks IS out of embarrassment. I whip my head over to Sean who is still sporting the same hesitant look. My brain has ceased function, trying to figure out how to respond to such a brazen statement.