Chapter 8 - The Erudite

***

"Channel the power within you and let it go once you already feel it."

Napakurap ako sa narinig ko. It seems like I was suddenly revived to reality. Agad ko namang inilibot ang paningin ko sa paligid and realized that I was still in the training room.

Huh?

"For starters, imagine the shape of a ball. Kahit maliit lang, as long as you can put up a barrier."

It's repeating.

Napapikit ako at naguguluhang yumuko. The last time I checked, Than was hurting because of me...because of my light. But when I opened my eyes and scanned the room, Than was still fighting with Arri.

What is happening with me? Am I just imagining things? Or is it another premonition?

"Tea...Theia, are you listening?"

I blinked twice and looked at Dion na nakakunot-noo. "Namumutla ka, are you alright?"

I quickly fanned myself at ngumiti sa kanya ng pilit. "Kabado lang," palusot ko.

There's really something going on with me. 'Di ko lang alam kung ano. It seemed similar with the voices I hear at the coffee shop and at the fast food chain where both of the murder cases occurred. Am I seeing things?

Am I seeing the future?

I shrugged my trail of thoughts and concentrated on making a barrier.

Maybe, I was just imagining. I tried to convince myself.

Ipinikit ko muli ang aking mga mata and tried to establish connection to the power within me. Hindi ko alam kung ilang minuto ang dumaan simula nang ipinikit ko ang aking mga mata. I felt like biglang uminit ang katawan ko at—

"Impressive. Your barrier is to heal."

Marahas akong napamulat sa boses na pumasok sa isipan ko. It was Dion's voice. At alam kong hindi ang Dion na nasa harapan ko ang nagsalita. It was another Dion in my memory.

"Tea, okay ka lang ba talaga?" bungad nito sa akin. Nag-aalala ang mukha niya pero tumungga pa rin ng wine sa bote. Typical Dion.

"Yes. M-Medyo nahihirapan lang," palusot ko ulit.

Kahit alam ko namang pwede ko silang pagsabihan sa mga nakikita ko, sarili ko mismo ang umaayaw. Parang sinasabi ko sa sarili ko na dapat ako ang tumuklas sa mga nangyayari sa akin.

"Your light is Than's destruction po..."

I closed my eyes again and concentrated for the nth time. Kung mangyayari nga ang nakita ko at mapapahamak si Than, maybe I could control my barrier. Kahit maliit lang na barrier, hindi kasinlaki ng ginawa ko.

That way, I could prevent myself from giving him light.

"Light...I'm always inside of you."

"Tea...Theia...wake up!"

"I have chosen you to be my vessel."

"Child of the sun, my power flows in you."

Even the voices I heard from before were exactly the same. Bigla namang uminit ang katawan ko but I'm already comfortable with it.

I've already done this before.

I just need to make the barrier right now. Ang kailangan ko lang gawin is to channel the power and let it go. Ngunit kailangan kong kontrolin nang maayos ang sarili ko. Or else, may mapapahamak.