Chapter 12 - Third Case File

A quick reminder from Syle. Unleash your inner detective and solve the case ahead. *winks* Also, use your little gray cells (a Hercule Poirot reference) upon solving.

***

Ang hirap talaga maging gwapo.

"Jack bro, what did you do to her?"

Napatingin ako kay Than na kasalukuyang tumutungga ng Brandy dito sa bar counter na pinagtambayan namin kanina. Kakabalik lang niya from the Lopez' residence because he dropped off Raoul who we successfully found.

Well, our mission was to find him and retrieve the notebook which held the premonition for the Olympians so I can safely say we're almost through with it.

"Sino bro?" I asked him and drank my Jager Bomb. Parang may gumuhit naman sa lalamunan ko ng kung ano because of the liquor.

"Arri."

I automatically placed the shot glass on the table at napatingin kay Arri who isolated herself from us. She was, I think, five stools away from us.

"When I came back, her mood was already dark. Is this about the cloaked man you saw?" Than pried.

Sumeryoso naman ako ng tingin and played with the shot glass. After I called Arri with her name, she became distant. Parang ang lalim ng iniisip niya.

'Di ko talaga magets ang utak ng anak ni Zeus.

I mean, I just tried to stop her from resorting to foolishness. Sinong nasa tamang pag-iisip ang hahabol sa nilalang na 'yon without thinking about some possible traps and whatnots?

Concerned lang naman ang kagwapuhan ko.

Which brings me back to my problem. Ang hirap talaga maging gwapo.

"I don't know, bro. Maybe she's thinking of a plan for us to be transported to the island of the sirens," sabi ko nalang.

It's already 11 in the evening and for us here in the bar, it's still early. Kaya ang ginawa naman ni Than, uminom lang kami nang uminom and waited for the queen.

We've been together or years and if she becomes like that, ayaw niya talagang magpadistorbo.

"Hi, handsome."

Nagulat ako nang may lumapit sa aking isang babae with a shot glass on her hand. She's wearing a red fitted dress and she has the looks, I'll give it to her. Maganda din ang hubog ng katawan nito so I quickly smiled when I saw her trying to flirt with me.

"Hey, love," I greeted.

I held her right hand and slowly kissed it. Afterwhich, tinignan ko ang mga mata niya and winked at her. I swear, I could see her blush at tila nagpipigil ng ngiti.

"Wanna drink?" she said and offered me her shot glass. Kukunin ko na sana ito at iinumin na when suddenly, Arri's fuming face came to my mind.

Ooof. Maybe, I'll save this for a later date. Baka pagbuntungan na naman ako ng galit ng reyna. Then she'll nag to remind me na nasa isang misyon kami and concentration is needed.