Chapter 23 - Unseen Pages

***

"Where are you going?"

I was surprised when I saw Ridan in front of me na pawisan at may nakasabit pa na towel sa balikat niya. I think he just came back from a morning jog.

"Good morning po! To my mom's temple po," I said at binigyan siya ng isang ngiti. Tumango lang ito at hindi na ako pinansin pa.

Umatras muna ako para makapasok si Ridan sa loob and when he already did, lumabas na ako sa dorm. I was about to close the door nang bigla itong magsalita.

"Uh, Sofie?"

Hinarap ko naman siya nang may halong pagtataka. "Yes po?"

"Be careful." I nodded to that. "And good morning." At siya na ang kusang nagsara ng pintuan.

I tilted my head because it felt weird all of a sudden but shrugged nevertheless. I need to go to my mom's temple to ask for guidance and wisdom.

The walk was smooth and refreshing since malapit lang ito sa Misty Woods wherein a lot of trees and plants can be found. When I was already near, I noticed a familiar person kaya tinawag ko siya kaagad.

"Kathar! Good morning po!" I greeted the priestess of my mom's temple.

Gulat naman siyang napatingin sa akin pero napawi rin ito kaagad. She cheerfully waved her hands to my direction kaya lumapit ako sa kanya. I think she's also going to the temple for her duty. Gano'n kasi ang ginagawa nila.

"Good morning, Miss Sofie!" she greeted back. "Ang aga niyo yatang pupunta sa temple ni Lady Athena."

"Yes po. May kailangan pa po kasi akong gawin ngayon," I said kaya napaisip tuloy ako sa nangyari kahapon.

I hope Pi's already done in examining the content of the antidote elixir for the sake of Arri. It's been days already since she fell to a deep slumber and we still don't know what really happened.

"Narinig ko 'yung nangyari kay Miss Arri. Sana nga magising na siya," Kathar also said.

Napahinto muna kami nang makita namin ang ibang priestesses sa temple na papalabas na yata. We just greeted them first and immediately proceeded got inside.

"Nakilala ko na po pala si Miss Theia sa meeting. Mukhang mabait," pagkukwento niya sa akin.

Right. Tea was the one who joined the meeting instead of me due to training reasons.

"She's kind po," I said at tumango-tango pa.

Kathar left to do her morning duties while I headed straight towards the big statue of my mom. Off-limits ang mga temples dito sa academy, except if you have some sort of connections with the deity kaya ako lang mag-isa andito.

Nang makalapit ako sa statue, napatingala ako dito. As usual, her statue is upright with a tunic reaching her feet. May curves ang chiton niya and on her breast is the head of Medusa made of ivory. On her left, lies the statue of victory with an owl, and on her right, the spear. Nakalagay naman sa mga paa niya ang shield and near it, is the serpent. 

Napatingin ako sa hawak kong bouquet of scallop shell flowers as an offering. Lumuhod ako sa tapat ng statue and sighed.

"Mom, what do I do po?" I sincerely asked while fixing the flowers in front of the statue. Marami ring offerings dito due to other demigods and priestesses but the flowers I offered radiated the most.

"My friends' lives are in danger po. And I don't know what to do po," I continued at napatingala sa kanya.

If only I could be as wise and as victorious as my mom, maybe Arri might be saved on whatever circumstances she's in right now.