Chapter 16 - Stars

***

I'm sad. I feel like crying.

But I'm trying my best not to.

"It's not your fault po," Sofie assured me and handed me a glass of water na tinanggap ko naman.

Drowned by my ocean of thoughts, hindi ko napansin ang pagpasok nila Sofie at Arri sa akin dito sa kwarto ko. After hearing the dreadful news and explaining things to them, kaagad akong pumasok sa kwarto para makapag-isip.

"If there's anyone to blame here, that would be the person you saw in your premonition," sabi ni Arri at umupo sa kama ko.

I also felt my sheets sinking kaya ramdam kong umupo din si Sofie sa kama. They were looking at me with concern evident in their faces.

I suddenly had the urge to cry. Pero ayoko silang mag-alala nang matindi sa akin. I know they are already worried now pero ayokong mas lalong madagdagan pa 'yun.

I blamed myself for the death of Louie, the son of the goddess Khloris.

If only I remembered that the other guy I saw in my premonition was Louie, sana pinuntahan ko nalang siya sa flower clock and tried to save him.

I could have done something pero pinangunahan ako ng takot.

I heard Arri sigh. "To be honest, I was relieved you didn't go there last night," sabi niya. "Hindi mo kasalanan ang nangyari."

"Cliché may it seem but everything happens for a reason po," pampalubag-loob ding sabi ni Sofie.

The moment I heard the news from Arri, I immediately broke down. Sinabi ko rin sa kanila lahat ng nakita ko, as well as the note na natagpuan ko sa kitchen. Arri also disclosed what happened on the bar by the sea wherein Arri and Jack saw a cloaked person.

We tried to somehow connect if magkakampi ba sila nang nakita ko sa premonition but we weren't sure. What Arri and Jack saw was a cloaked person in black. Samantalang ako, it was a person in black hoodie.

"If only I was strong," I whispered, feeling down.

Although I am a personification of a bright child because of my cheerful personality, iba pa rin talaga kapag buhay na ang pinag-uusapan.

"You are strong, Tea. Hindi mo 'yun kasalanan."

And I was enveloped with a warm hug by Arri and Sofie.

"The admin is currently investigating on the case of Louie. With this, Than and I will be called this afternoon to have a meeting with them," sabi ni Arri after the hug.

It was warm until it lasted.

"Is it okay if I tell them about your premonition?" she asked.

I immediately nodded. If there's anyone who I can trust right now, it's the other Simitheos and of course, the ones manning the academy.

"The death of Louie is only disclosed to us and to the Alphas," Arri informed me.

Khloris is a minor god and the offsprings of the minor deities are the Alphas. Kaya siguro sinabihan din sila sa nangyari because it involves their comrade.

I think the Simitheos also talked about it a while ago but I haven't paid much attention since masyadong magulo ang isipan ko. So I appreciate how Arri repeated the information for me to be aware.

"Chances are, kapag hindi nila mahuli ang pumatay, they would seek for our help," sabi niya.

Kailangan kong maging malakas katulad nila. I know there's already no point of sulking and blaming myself so might as well use this as a chance to train harder. Para naman makatulong ako sa kanila and my premonition would be useful in the future.