Chapter 13 - Heroes

Hello! For clarification lang hehe.

Dahil sa kakulangan ng oras, alam nila Jack na nakatago sa car trunk ni Gerald ang katawan ni Kylie. Gerald has only a limited time (approx. 10 mins) to keep the body and erase Kylie's traces in Nicolas' room.

I hope this clears out the confusion. Thank you!

***

"Damn it," I cursed under my breath.

I felt the rage burning inside of me the moment Thalia snapped her fingers. I was then separated from Sofie and Tea.

I'm now outside the lair of the muses and only the chirping of the birds here in the Mt. Parnassus was all I could ever hear. Nasa loob pa rin si Sofie and I don't know how is she getting by there. Plus, Tea has also gone missing.

Kahit naman ininom niya ang tubig na ibinigay ni Thalia which she supposedly shouldn't, hindi niya naman 'yun kasalanan. Pero isa lang talaga ang masasabi ko sa kanya.

She's stupid.

Napatingin ako sa paligid and the cold air rushed into my existence. Napapikit ako sa lamig and when I opened my eyes, I saw Athena's daughter staring at me with controlled fury.

"Melpomene said she'll tell us how to undo the curse if we give Tea to her po," she said and looked away to stare at the lushing grass and tall trees surrounding the vicinity.

"Hindi ka pumayag." That wasn't a question, it was a statement.

I know how Sofie's mind works.

"Of course po. What they're asking po is just absurd," she said. Though calm and logical, I can still feel her anger.

"Just what do they need with her?"

"I don't know po. Before Thalia even transported me here, may sinabi siya sa akin."

"What is that?"

"That we convince them na pakawalan si Tea po. Aside from that po, Melpomene vows to tell us ways to undo the curse," she said kaya napaisip naman kaagad ako.

Ways?

"Just how do we do that? Pinalabas na nga nila tayo," sabi ko naman sa kanya.

"For now, let's just find Tea po," Sofie said at agad na naglakad.

Sinundan ko lang siya kung saan man siya dalhin ng mga paa niya. I trust Sofie with the way she handles things with logic. She weighs things well and thinks of different strategies.

Napatingin ako sa paligid and saw how the night is slowly dawning unto us. We're about to lose our time here at wala pa kaming nagagawa.

Kumusta na kaya sila Arri sa kabila?

Sa kakalakad at kakahanap namin, bigla kaming napatigil sa isang silid wherein there were a lot of paintings in the vicinity.

Pumasok kami dito at tinignan ang kabuuan ng silid. Aside from the paintings, there are nine sculptures standing tall in the place.

The nine muses.

Isa-isang tinignan ni Sofie ang mga rebulto at napabuntong-hininga.

"I thought the muses were good po," she said. "Sabi kasi ni Arri po, her sisters are kind-hearted muses who wish mortals the best of their capacity po."

I scoffed. "We're not mortals," I said.

Tumango lang si Sofie at lumakad na palabas ng silid. I was about to follow her when something caught my attention.