𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 1: 𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰

"Holy Matrimony, looks at this place!" Frances exclaims dropping her luggage, to run from place to place. Jessica holding her own luggage ends up tripping on Frances', making her fall. "BRUH!" Jessica says clutching her arm, she used to brace herself. "Ho, are you okay?" Sera asks with a gentleness in her voice as she puts her own stuff on the floor to help Jessica up. "I'm good, but can someone bring me an ice pack!" Jessica yells towards the outside.

   Sera brings in her luggage along with Frances' and Jessica's. Kaila enters next not wasting a second to go to her room. Along the way came the rest of the girls, granted that one broke a vase already. "Sorry!" Emilynn blubbers as Jenny gives her a stern lecture as she sweeps up her own mess. As soon as everything settled, the girls engaged in regular sleepover activities such as playing monopoly and such.

   But during a game of hide and seek, Emilynn ends up hiding in a cabinet. She coughs as the dust invades her lungs but sees a tiny remote in the corner. Swatting away the cobwebs, she looks it up and down wondering what it does until she hears Jan yell she gives up. Taking that as her queue, she takes the remote with her and meets the others in the living room. "What now?" Lara asks, making herself comfortable in the couch.

    "Wanna watch a movie?" Rosie suggests. "It is almost Halloween here, so what do y'all think about a horror movie?" Shayna asks eagerly. "That would be nice if we could find the remote. I couldn't find it trying to play Just Dance" Sera says sadly. "Actually guys, when I was hiding I found this remote in the cabinet." Emilynn speaks up, holding the remote in hand. "Yay!" Frances enthusiastically says as she high fives Kennedy.

     Emilynn immediately presses the turn on button and the TV comes to life. Weirdly enough a horror movie was already being played on screen. It was the 1978 version of John Carpenter's Halloween. "Look it's Michael Myers!" Emilynn points at the screen but something was off. "Hmm.." Shayna tilts her head, furrowing her eyebrows.

     "Is something the matter?" Jenny asks Shayna. "It's just I'm a huge horror fan, but this movie is way off. Laurie Strode, the main protagonist is nowhere on screen. Even Dr. Loomis, the doctor after Michael isn't here." Shayna answers. "She's right, it's just Michael walking down the street ominously, there's no action or music." Camille adds. Emilynn pushes the volume button but it appears to be already at max volume. The room becomes uneasy and it seems as if the temperature dropped.

    "Try changing the channel." Jan suggests. Emilynn does exactly that, flickering through the channels, all of them were showing horror movies with the exact same problem. "Okay, I'm slowly freaking out" Jessica pipes in, gulping hard. The remote becomes smoldering hot, Emilynn's hold of it loosens and it clatters onto the floor. As soon as it touched the ground the TV began flickering through the channels at top speed. The girls hugged each other as the lights also began to flicker. Zway got up and smashed the remote with her foot, making everything come to an abrupt stop.

     The TV was now static and the girls sighed in relief thinking it was over. The doorbell rang, making everyone jolt up in fear. Jenny, with the backup from Kaila and Zway opened the door. A brown skinned ravenette girl who was shorter than Zway and Kaila, but taller than Jenny waves shyly. "Sorry I'm late, I got lost on the way". "We didn't know you were coming Kini" Jenny says with an eyebrow raised. "Sorry, I invited her!" Shayna whisper yells from behind the couch. Jenny sighs and lets her in.

     Everyone was in complete and utter silence making Kini feel anxious. "Uh, what did I miss?" Kini asks putting her stuff down on a nearby counter. "I don't think we can explain this to you without you thinking we're crazy." Sera says, not facing away from the tv in fear it will happen again. Kini chuckles, unpacking. "Guys, there's nothing that will make me think of it badly. We are crackheads after all. Plus you have a karate master in the house!" Kini says with pride, easing the tension a little.

    The TV flickers once again, showing the channel where Halloween was showing. With wide eyes, everyone turned their attention back onto the TV. The unease in the atmosphere was getting thicker and thicker, almost suffocating. "Guys, I watched enough horror movies to know we should get the fuck out of here. Now." Shayna says in between her hyperventilating. Everyone agrees as they all stood up until Lara's body begins fading into the TV. "W-what?!" Lara exclaims looking at her hands until she is sucked in whole. Everyone was frozen, no one was moving.

    It was almost like their entire body shut down making them vulnerable to what's coming. "Hell nah, this isn't Jumanji." Emilynn yells and she tries to move to no avail. The next to go was Kennedy, she sobbed thinking this is it, her life is now over. Everyone was now wailing, praying for this to stop. As each and every one of them was picked, the mansion was now empty. The only sound coming from rustling leaves and the wind. Signaling that there was no one left.