𝓒𝓗 19 𝓩𝔀𝓪𝔂: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓗𝓸𝓽 𝓦𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻

*Flashback to two years in the hot month of July*

Zway struggled against her restraints as the rope dug deeper into her skin. She was treated more like a dog than an actual person, her being tied to the porch fence as Bubba worked outside in the farm. Bubba was working very hard in the texan weather gathering some vegetables. He shot a smile at Zway walking inside to put down the freshly picked veggies. The heat was getting to Zway as her attempts at untying herself became weaker and weaker. Her vision became blurry as her body flopped but a pair of strong arms catch her before hitting the floor. The last thing she saw was Bubba's masked face, which she tried to claw out but her hands were still tied.

Bubba starts breathing heavily, becoming worried for the unconscious girl. He immediately unties her and picks her up. He makes his way upstairs and plants the girl on the bed, turning on the ceiling fan to cool her. He touches her head with his hand as she slept. He wears a worried expression as he goes downstairs to get a cup of water. He even prepares a meal that actually doesn't consist of human meat for her preference. He goes up, sets the drink and meal down, and sits on a nearby chair and grabs a notepad to write a letter for Zway.

Granted that it was more scribbles rather than actual writing, which made the man fustrated and crumple the paper. He instead went to the sink and grabbed a towel in one of the cabinets to soak up water and place it on the girl's head. He changes it every hour as he watched her sleep, still wearing a concerned face for her. After a course of a few hours, Zway stirs awake seeing Bubba's sleeping form on a chair. "W-what.." she takes the towel off her head as she rubs her eyes. She turns her gaze towards the plate filled with food and a water which she drinks generously. A crumpled paper was laid out next to the sleeping foot of the man, making her pick it up and uncrumple it.

The only words she can make out of it was "sorry" and "eat" with "not human" as an arrow points at a poorly drawn meal. She chuckles as she begins to eat. She knew he genuinely cared about her but he didn't know how to and it doesn't excuse his previous actions of him killing her. Maybe if she does show affection to him, her situation can be better. Upon putting her empty plate down on the desk, Bubba jolts up and wraps his arms around her form, squeezing the daylights out of her. "Bubba, you're suffocating me.." Zway says as she pats his arm, which he let's go and pets her head, letting out a relieved grunt. "BUBBA, YOU DIDN'T FINISH YOUR CHORES!" Drayton yells as Bubba runs downstairs leaving Zway.

She can hear the amount of insults from the room, prompting her to get up and make her way down the stairs. Bubba was kneeling on the floor as Drayton lectured him and hit him occasionally. That was it, Zway put herself infront of Bubba, getting a slap straight across her cheek. "Wha-" Drayton says as Bubba holds the girl in his arms, earning a glare from his brother. Bubba was never a person who opposed his brother until today, making Drayton scoff, "Whatever, she's your responsibility." as he walked away. Bubba examined her face as she rubbed her cheek, tears coming down from her eyes. "It's okay Bubba, I'm fine..." she says as she hugs him, relishing this moment.

Some day things will get better around here, just not today.