𝓒𝓗 13 𝓚𝓮𝓷𝓷𝓮𝓭𝔂: 𝓑𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓕𝓵𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓼

Kennedy was grabbing some berries in a bush dressed in a sun hat and pink dress with frills and white lace on the top. Jason was out patrolling, checking up on his beloved once in a while. It has been a year already and yet it felt like it was yesterday she was constantly running for her life. It was a simple life, the cottagecore dream that she always longed for, and she still wasn't satisfied. Her mind can't help but to wonder on the thought with her friends, there was no indication where they could be and if they were safe. She often distracted herself with menial activities to get her mind out of the gutter and accept that she's not going anywhere. With that she looks at the wooden promise ring Jason gave her.

    She admired it, smiling back at that moment. They've been dating for quite some time, and looking at it always brings a smile to her face. When she first arrived Jason was awkward, considering the fact he hasn't interacted with another person in decades except that one time with her friends. It took a lot of time for him to be comfortable with her presence but her innocence and sweetness made the process faster, even making her meet his decapitated mom, which freaked Kennedy out at first but she got used to it later on. When he asked her out, he actually went on one knee holding out the carved ring, which soon became a discussion on what's the difference between marriage and dating in which Jason refuted back by writing on a notepad that he does want to marry her and he thought they were already dating. It was a funny memory but she still kept the ring and wore it everyday. With that thought she picked up the basket of berries and went into their cabin.

   She glanced at the wooden knick-knacks lined up on a shelf putting her hat on a rack, Jason made them for her as a gift as she made her way to the kitchen sink. When she first recieved one she giggled which made Jason melt, wanting to hear the angelic chuckle again, he made some more. He couldn't verbally tell her how much he loved her so he shows it through his actions like knitting a sweater or cleaning the cabin. As she washes the berries, the front door opens then closes, and a sound of a machete being placed on a table is made. She doesn't turn around knowing it's Jason, "Hi dear! How was your patrol around the camp?" she greets, placing the berries in a bowl. He immediately went by her side, wrapping his arms gently around her, pressing his head in the crook of her neck, hunched over since he was bigger than her. "I see, today is a good day since they're no tresspassers. That means we can spend time together and enjoy each other's company." Kennedy says turning her attention to Jason, returning his hug.

   Jason was an extremely gentle and tender person, earning the nickname "Teddy bear" or "Beautiful mountain man" from Kennedy which he denies but Kennedy replies back with "Did I stutter?". On the inside he gushed over the height difference, he couldn't get enough of how small his significant other is. Kennedy gently takes his hand and leads him to a couch on the living room. Kennedy sits down patting the spot next to her, gesturing him to sit down beside her. He does just that as Kennedy wraps a nearby blanket on them, engulfing both of them. She then presses up against his chest, making him snuggle her in a way to provide warmth yet in a protective manner. He twirls a piece of her hair around his finger as Kennedy speaks up, "I've been thinking about them again." Jason knows exactly what she's talking about, hugging her firmly. "I love my life here, this is what I wanted but I can't deny that I miss my friends and family." Kennedy says in a quiet manner.

   She reminisces about their time in school with all the yelling in the cafeteria table. Her eyes start to water making Jason freak out, instantly putting a hand on her head, petting it to comfort her. She was so content with her life but living with the fact that she doesn't know what happened to her besties haunts her. She wipes her tears away, it's the past she can't change it but she can definitely change the future, "I'm glad I met you." she says kissing Jason's hockey mask. This makes the man get up and pick the girl up in bridal style, kicking the front door open and walking to an unknown place. "Where are we going?" Kennedy asks, holding onto her lover. He just stares at her and continues to walk.

   After a while, a patch of flowers comes into view as Jason sets her down slowly. It was beautiful, an array of flowers surrounded her as Jason sat beside her. He plucks some and puts one in Kennedy's ear. "Aw, thank you Jason. You always know how to cheer me up." She brightly smiles patting his head. He wasn't done though, while Kennedy took in the view Jason made a flower crown with yellow sunflowers. He places it on her head catching her by surprise. She starts crying making Jason worry but she glomps him into the bed of flowers.

   She's on top of him as she says "I hope you know I really love you." She proclaims laying kisses all over his mask as Jason blushed badly under his mask not moving thinking it was a dream. He snaps out of it and hugs her, pulling her down onto him. She laughs into his chest as they roll over the pretty flowers. They stop just to enjoy each other's embrace,"Staying with you like this makes all my worries go away." Kennedy says looking at Jason with a pleasant smile. Jason for the first time, takes off his mask to properly kiss her. Kennedy looks at him with a wide eyed expression making Jason turn around to run away but Kennedy grabs his face.

   "You're so handsome, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise." She says as she closes her eyes kissing him. Jason began to wear the wide eyed expression until he, himself, melts into the kiss holding Kennedy's cheek tenderly. It was a sight to behold, an act of true love, she didn't care about what he looked like, she loved him for him and that's what he always wanted.

A friend, who became the love of his life.