𝓒𝓗 18 𝓩𝔀𝓪𝔂: 𝓢𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓣𝓮𝔁𝓪𝓷 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰

Zway was currently in the kitchen making banana bread as the screams from the basement grew louder and louder with each second passing. She wiped her forehead that was beaded with sweat as she hears the oven go ding. Over the course of living with cannibals for three years, she is now desensitized from all the bodies and blood surrounding her. It was a rough start to say the least, they tortured her relentessly, testing out new ways to kill since her body disintegrated upon death; at least the portal dropped out food for her to eat instead of human flesh. She has come a long way from that, Bubba defending her from his brother's wrath but other than that, she often doesn't want to think about it. Placing her hands inside oven mitts, she proceeds to take out the freshly baked bread. The smell of banana wafted through the entire house, covering the smell of guts and the screams coming to a halt.

Placing the pan on the table she turns back around to grab a knife to cut it. The sound of the basement door swings open and closes as steps creep closely, taking in the sweet aroma before sprinting full on into the kitchen. Zway turns around abruptly to see Bubba running at her in full speed, "Wait, I'm holding a knife!" she screams as Bubba wraps his arms around her torso and places pecks all over her face. She sighs, "Okay, Okay, I get it, just let me cut the bread and you can go clean the blood off you." making Bubba nod and place a long kiss on the forehead as he squeals happily, unwrapping his arms around her to sprint upstairs. "HOLY MOLY, THAT SMELLS LIKE SOME GOOD BREAD" Nubbins exclaims entering the kitchen, taking pictures of the baked good with his camera. "I'mma eat it." Paul, Nubbins' twin brother says as he digs his fingers into the pan, "Ow!" retracting his fingers and blowing it. "That's what you get for sticking your dirty hands in it before I cut it!" Zway yells holding the bridge of her nose.

"Can I cut it?" Nubbins says as he bounces up and down with his camera in hand. "Sure, but please don't cut your hand again when I give you the knife." Zway says as she hands it to him. Nubbins goes straight to work with a happy gleam present in his eyes. Paul clapped his hands as he put a record on to set the mood. "So, like are you and Bubba gonna have children or...." Nubbins asks. Zway takes off her mitts and places it on a hook, "Bruh, we've only dated for two years." Zway says nonchalantly. Zway's expression changes from calm to a grief stricken face, her friends, how are they? She's been so busy dealing with her new lifestyle that it completely slipped her mind.

Tears form in her eyes as Paul and Nubbins stop what they were doing and stared at her, "Hey, are ya okay?" Nubbins asks, placing the knife down next to the pan. Zway wipes her tears, "Yeah, it's just-" before she can finish Drayton interjected, "She probably doesn't love him, I called it! Now where's my money!" he says leaning on the kitchen door frame. Bubba watches from the staircase as his own eyes well up with tears. Was it true? Did she really not love him? He dejectedly went up back the stairs upon hearing the conversation. "When did you get back from the gas station?" Zway asks.

"Cut the bullshit lassie, changing the topic won't save ya. You just wanted to survive, you're lucky Bubba protected you and that weird portal keeps reviving ya because you would've been dead years ago." Drayton says as the twins hide behind Zway. She steps forward as her index finger hits Drayton's chest, "I won't lie, I have thought about that." she keeps poking him, "But things change, and I truly do love him. Don't even think about taking your anger out on Bubba, because as an unkillable girl, you're the one that got off lucky." she proclaims stomping past him. "Oooooo" Nubbins and Paul say in unison, "JUST YA WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE WHAT'S UNDER THAT MASK!" Drayton yells as Zway makes her way up the stairs. As she walks into the hallway of the second floor, muffled weeping can be heard from the shared bedroom where she slept with Bubba. She creaks open the door to find Bubba crying softly into his two large hands covering his face, sitting on their bed. "Hey, look at me.." Zway says as she places a hand on his shoulder which ended in him shrugging her touch off. "Don't listen to him. I... really do love you, you protected me from the onslaught of torture methods, and you even fought Drayton for me. I hope you know I greatly appreciate it..." Zway confesses as she side hugs him. Bubba stares at her as he speaks in gibberish pointing to his face, wailing even harder.

She grabs his hands into her own, rubbing them reassuringly, "I don't care what you look like. I promise that whoever is under that mask is just as handsome as on the inside". Bubba nods as he starts untying his leather mask, hands trembling in the process. Zway just softly smiles at him to encourage his actions, "I won't leave you". That was all he needed to hear. He takes off his mask, his nose being gone and some skin was missing from the mouth but his lips quivered anxiously. Bubba was about to put on his mask until Zway grabbed his face and planted a big kiss on him. Bubba's shoulders relax as his lips collided with hers.

"See, you're very handsome!" Zway says, pulling away from the kiss to pat his head. Bubba responds with a bear hug, squeezing her as squeals of glee filled the room. "So y'all think they fucking or nah?" Drayton says from the other side of their bedroom door.