I

I came into a dark room, the walls covered with a thick black smog, protruding out gradually becoming thinner. There were definite outlines of this room of nothingness, yet surrounded in this fog of soot. The room was neither hot nor cold, not even warm, it was a feeling of nothingness. I was timid in my momentum forward, inching forward in the blank slate of a room, bracing for anything that could come my way. 

I heard a sniff, that was not my own, but one of an animal. I froze, the sound was perturbing. Then I heard a faint bark in the distance. I felt around me and felt a silken fur, the soft fur was a shock to me, for I had felt nothing and then something. I knew I was not alone, yet the creature seemed a passive one, or at least one that didn't know who was with them. I relaxed myself, knowing that I had someone else with me, or something else. I began to begin my trudge through the palace of black once more, keeping myself close to this delicate creature, for it must know where it is going. Yet after making my way for quite some time, I came to the sense that I would die here.

I grasped my fists tighter, squeezing the only thing I still had of Kensington, the clothes that I had packed to have me paraded around the continent and the country for eligibility. I found light after loitering in the mist of ash. I made my way to this spec of white, making itself slightly bigger from my perspective. The light made itself into a small door, it was odd, yet what was I supposed to do. I decided that any chance in this light was better than straying in that dastardly darkness.

It was so fascinating to think that merely a few days ago, I was sitting in Kensington palace. I would perhaps be sitting at the pianoforte and playing a piece, perhaps Chopin. To think, that I used to be a prince, or I still am, but not in these conditions that lay before me.

I came into a forest. Thick woods was all that I could see, it was just a minuscule clearing that I had found myself in. I secretly prayed that now I could just end myself, I had just lost everything that I knew. I knew I wouldn't be able to survive out here, for I had no idea what to even do in this kind of situation. I was hopeless. I paced about the grass, making my brain ache from the intense thinking I did to try and muster a plan to survive, yet it came up blank. I just figured to curl myself in a ball and wait for death to come find me, and I would greet him pleasantly. From my eyesight staring at the ground, I found pebbles shaking. I soon felt vibrations, I came to the sensation of being thrown from the ground, the source of the vibrations was indeed becoming closer by the minute. I heard a sound beside me, the creature that I had so desperately been second guessing myself on the identity was a wolf, something that is ever so dangerous alone or in numbers

Just then a giant foot became inches from my head. The wolf scurried, in a response to the sudden shock that the ground was given. The owner of the foot bent their back down to look at the sudden sound. They squealed in delight as she saw the non arguable, fairness of an infinitesimal person. I then noticed them, I was gazing at her, and she was staring at me. She was quite gorgeous for her looks, yet ironically seeming to be short compared to her features. Her crystal blue eyes had locked in with mine, her lush light bronze hair fell into slight waves and curls as the hair fell by her face while she was staring at me, her piercing lips were slightly thin, covered with a light rouge coating. Her cheeks slightly brushed with a pale blush, and her face was in almost perfect proportions, yet slightly elongated but not too terribly so. She seemed like she was entranced by me, but as if she had seen a marvel like me before.

"Hello," she gleefully whispered. She laid down on her stomach, I dived out of the way to avoid her bosom that had come down in the spot I was just in. She suspended her knees in the air, brushing back and forth with a slow pace, her head supported by her arms and hands that rested upon her chin.

I stood paralyzed in fear, here was this giantess that seemed gentle with me, yet I knew in a moment anybody would have them audacity to commit murder, and I knew she could get away with it. "H-hello," I stuttered, in response to my fear. She giggled, not maniacally though, as if she was just a girl who found something amusing.

"You are so cute," she quietly squealed at me, she could no longer keep her excitement to herself any longer.

"Well, thank you," I began to become less fearful of her. There was something telling me that my death would not come to the hands of her.

She perked up, with a glorious idea in her mind. "I'm gonna keep you," She moved her arm to where her fingers were just above me. She slightly pinched me, picking me up off the ground. Then she cupped her other hand and slid me into it. She picked herself up off the ground. I found a village that was just beyond the woods, a mile at most. I silently sighed, I would be taken farther from what brought me, which I could possibly have figured out. Instead I am at the mercy of someone I know nothing about. "I think you would make a nice pet, little one. Did I hurt you?" She questioned.

"I don't believe so," I answered. And to respond, I had a question of my own. "But, I know nothing of you. Perhaps I could have your name?"

"Elizabeth. And what is yours? Oh you are just so cute!" She commented. She favors me, perhaps that is what could possibly save me.

"Edward, Prince Edward William Steven of England. My master Elizabeth."

"Don't say master."

"Alright," I said. She put me in a pocket by her side. I watched as the forest and village ceased to exist as I slid down to the bottom. After a while, I decided to climb and peek out. I saw a few houses, more or less castles in the English countryside. I saw a copper brick house in front of us. The façade had many windows, windows of white lead with crimson red curtains lining the insides, poking on slightly. We went in to see a lovely entryway. I found the carpet to be plain and covering her feet, a simple cream. We went up the stairs that were to the left, then we came to the second floor, having a railing that shone into a two story parlor. With that I saw the silver chandelier that suspended itself from the ceiling. The crystals falling off it with candles bright light from the candles, but without melting the wax. With another sharp turn, to the right this time, we came to a panel door. She opened it to reveal her room. A double bed in the far corner to the right. The dresser filling up the wall space, random pictures and posters shone through the wall. At the far end, there was a writing desk with a peculiar object on it, an empty bird cage, minus the little furniture. She made her way there, taking me out of her pocket and onto the wooden table. I looked out of the window, the sun setting, creating the orange rays of a lovely sunset.

"Well this is your new home, my little pet," Elizabeth explained. So it was clear, I was nothing more than a pet to her. I did see the upsides of this situation though, I did not have to worry about staying alive, though I knew I would never be able to escape her.