VI

Then a lady came into the study, she stared at me, smirking intensely. I cocked my eyebrow, for she seemed too suspicious to deal with. "Where is Ms. Carlington?" She broke the silence, eyes piercing down on me.

"I believe she went to a meeting. What can I do for you since she is not here?"

"Nothing."

I was baffled by this response, I held my court sword in my tailcoat, for this was suspicious beyond compare.

"But if you needed nothing from her, then why must you seek her?" I had caught onto her ruse, or at least I thought I did. The next thing I am grabbed by the grueling hand, rough and filth stricken.

"I came for leverage, and I think I found it."

"I don't think you will be able to do this. If she finds out, then she will have your head for this. For if anything happened to her pet, then well, you will surely be punished for your actions. If you get found out, and I am saved, I will personally execute this heinous crime."

"That is, if they find you. Now you are going to be my pet."

"I'd rather not be one to a grotesque woman."

"Watch yourself, otherwise I will kill you."

"That will be better than serving you,"

"Shut up," She whispered as I was shoved somewhere I'd rather not mention. And I was soon carted into a blackness dark as the depths of my mind.

I came out in different surroundings, a slum-like house. It was simplistic, but not in any state of disrepair. "Why you.... absolute bitch! How dare you take me away from the people I hold dear to me and have showed me kindness. And for what, personal self gain? Do you even think that this will be any good on your end? Do you think people will like you for kidnapping an innocent person? Mark me, for when my  owner finds that I am missing, then.... Mark me you bloody fool!"

"I should just kill you right now."

"Not before I leave this hole."

"I don't think that that is possible. When I am done with you."

"Nothing is impossible for me."

"I highly doubt that."

"Oh you doubt the impossible, well I did, once..."

"Don't be so stupid."

"I shall say the same for you!"

"Watch yourself, otherwise you will die, I mean it. It wouldn't be hard."

"Just try me."

"God, how did you end up with the Carlingtons with your attitude?"

"Because I actually liked them, unlike people who kidnap strangers in the dead of day. Or maybe because they aren't bastards. You, you are a different story. Born out of wedlock, and your parents only hope to salvage their dignity is to get married before you were born. You have cost them their lives since conception. So, to answer such a question, I have respect and love for them, something neither I nor you have right now between us. I much rather say that we have hatred and spite towards each other, being only conversing for what, five minutes."

That shut her up for the day.

******************************************

She shut until it was night outside. "I don't hate you."

"Then why did you take me?"

"I want the money they will surely give out."