XXIX

I was let out of Lizzie's hand. Since there has been little to no threat for the past few weeks, she decided to let me have a walk about a village. I loved the fresh air, and I haven't had a nice walk for a few months. It was a dimly lit street then, with lamps far and few between. Something passed through my mind as I went along my route. Something seems amiss, something that seems all too quiet. Something is going to happen tonight... Even though I found my thoughts ludicrous, to my dismay I still discovered some reason to my claim. I looked ahead on, the lamps having a certain buzz about them. Silence. Well, for the most part.

I continued my walk, moving fluently and using my walking stick along with my right leg. I took in the sights, and saw a mother and child on the other street flee the direction. Then three men came out of the adjacent bushes, and had daggers in some of their hands, and they were coming towards me. My face hardened from a smile to a cross and stern straight look.

"Boys, I will give you five seconds to get away from me! Otherwise, well, we will have an altercation," I told them, defensively

"And what makes you think you're so powerful to stop us," a man snarled.

"You don't know my connections. You have two options: leave me be, or be beaten into submission to do the same. You might as well keep your dignity intact."

"No, we won't leave you. There is a payment for your body, especially on our turf," another man snickered

"And did you know that there is a tax on your payment for me? Which is the full price and you let me go. And your turf is nothing more than your imagination. You have no real power over it, you merely intimidate your prey into submission," I retorted.

The first man pushed up to me, forcing the knife into my throat. "You shouldn't be saying things like that," he snapped. He forced me against the wall, and with a shove he kept me there. I stared into his eyes, with no look of fear upon my face.

"If you think you're threatening me, you'd be sadly mistaken," I said.

"You're coming with us."

"What makes you think that?"

"You'll be dead otherwise."

"If you'd only known what I had experienced, death would be a release."

"Well, we can easily overpower you. Might as well go willingly."

"I'll do nothing of the sort. I know my ways around an abduction."

"Yeah? Like what?"

"If I told you, you'd have the power to make them futile. Why should I give you the advantage?"

"Get 'em boys," the man snarled. The men came closer, and each grabbed a limb. I smacked a few with my walking stick.

"Get off of me!" I yelled.

Then footsteps, light ones though, compared to The steps of Lizzie. I froze, as did the men. Three massive girls came into the picture, they gazed over the houses and noticed the situation. "What is going on here?" One of the towers questioned

"If I am to say something first. I'm in the process of being abducted. These men are apparently saying that they will get money if I am to get kidnapped by them," I quickly say.

The girls acted quickly, having the first once pick me up, while shaking off the potential captors. "And just who might you be?" the first one asked.

"Edward William."

"I see."

"And who might you three be?"

"Well I'm Jane, and these are my friends Sarah and Carly."

Jane was blonde haired, short as well, and she had envying eyes of green. Sarah had slick black hair, with brown eyes, and she was slightly tan in the skin. And Carly has lush brown hair, warming yet icy blue eyes.

"Nice to meet you, I suppose," I greeted them

"Did they do anything to you?" Carly asked.

"They merely put a knife to my throat. Not too horrible, though they did seem to try and be menacing. They also tried to use their strength to capture me. I am ever so thankful that you came along when you did."

"Mind tellin' us what you were doing to this guy," Carly scolded the boys. She said this as if she knew them well. It appears that some scandalous things have been going on in the background.

"W-w-we're sorry. W-w-w-w-we w-were t-told-" The men pleaded

"Silence!" I glared at them with a hellish look in my eyes, but I changed my tone to a sweet one when talking to the victims party.

"Now then about those boys..." Sarah said with malice in her voice. Carly picked them up in her hands, and Jane took me.

"Thank you for coming to my aid. I wouldn't have any clue what I would've done if you didn't intervene" I thanked Jane.

"Well, that was really our duty. We can't have anybody dying. I'll put a good word in with the Carlington's for you trouble, our parents are good friends with them," Jane replied

"Oh, you are?" I questioned.

"Yeah, we've been to their house a lot."

"And, what are your parents' names."

"Rachel and Jason," Jane answered. Rachel, no doubt it is the same one.

"I believe I met her once, at work, she came in on the floor and needed to know where Ms. Carlington was."

"Oh. Now what should we do with the boys? Edward, thoughts."

"Well, and you didn't hear it from me, is that when a person my size gets terminated, they are killed in a pleasurable sort of way, if you are keen to find my implications. I figure we save them the trouble, seeing as though they probably won't ever get a job in the industry."

"Well then, why don't we do that. Where is your house?"

"I actually do not know right now, but it is close to Carlington manor. But I do know a friend who is meeting with Mr. Carlington, and I shall very much like a word with him."

"I'm sure Liz wouldn't mind if we made a drop by, would she?"

"She is a very lenient person, and she is a pleasure to work with."

"Great. But, first, we need to dispose of these sons of bitches."

"Yes we shall. I didn't have to rat you out, but now you will pay the price!"

"We're sorry!" The men squealed out of desperation, begging to let them live.

"You had your chance to be sorry, but you blew it. Now you must suffer the consequences of your own actions. Jane, if you could let me down, just for the time being," I suggested. Jane pressed her palm into the earth, I took off from the hand.

We were now in a forest, as far as I noticed at least. The trees concealing our deed of devilish proportions. The girls each took one of the boys, slowly grazing their fingers on them. The men covered in tears begged for the last time. But the girls were hesitant, glaring at each other, wondering who would initiate this little activity. Carly was the first to take the plunge of the taste for blood, throwing the man as if he was an arrow in a bow. Sarah and Jane followed, each making a scenario where any man wouldn't survive.

"Well, now then. Shall we continue our way to the manor?" I suggested.

"I think I will take you back," Carly suggested.

"I should be more than happy to accept that. I just hope that my companion is still there, he tends to be late."

"I'm sure she won't mind at all."

"No, I don't think she will. I must ask, though. What were you doing in the village?"

"We were just passing by."

"No matter what your reasoning was, I'm glad you came upon me when you did. I would've been dead, or worse."

"What could be worse than death?"

"Captivity... in some cases."

"Oh, right..."