XXVIII

Even later, Lizzie looked at something. "We need to get started on what we will be having for dinner tonight," she finally said, for she was timid about the meal. She took me to the kitchen, placing me on the granite counter. I was in awe as I saw how there was food being prepared, a simple salad, the cooking of poultry to add to it. She worked frivolously to make their meals right, having beef wellington, which was a rather tough dish to make, side dish of mashed potatoes and rice with parts of vegetable in the mixture, then I could see them vigorously whipping cream, then burning to make Crème brûlée, I must admit one of the finer French delicacies.

It was a few hours of them working together, but when it was all said and done. She took me upstairs, her clothes sticking to her body, from a long stressed cooking session. She took me to her room, and placed me down on the desk, I went into the cage, where I carefully took off my clothes, not wanting her to see myself in my nude form, but I suppose she already has, it was only to keep it limited. I took off my tailcoat and waistcoat, adding a new one. The waistcoat was white, and double-breasted. The ivory colored cravat now tied in a bow.  I put on my cufflinks and added back my black tailcoat. I made sure to add my sword to my outfit, as one can never be too careful when you are meeting some people you've don't have a clue of.

Lizzie got into her gown. It was a plain red gown made of velvet. The fabric went horizontally at the bodice, yet went the other way on the skirt, making it have layers. She had a bit of red lace as the sleeves, showing her shoulder. She had cream gloves that went just above her elbows. She had earrings of pearls and a lovely necklace. I then fastened a silver watch to my waistcoat, checking the time every so often to wait for her to be done, and keeping my head and my field of sight away from her body so she can change in private.

The time had come, Lizzie had picked me up, her dress was a blood red with a black lace, the same as the corset. She pulled me in an embrace once more, elated at her news that I was wishing to be wed to her.

With the first steps in place she had taken me to the dining room where the dinner was to be set up. Symmetrically there were five chandeliers. The outer ones are French empire chandeliers, medium in size and made of silver metal. In fact everything was silver. In the middle there was a simpler one, just eight candles outstretched with a pattern of crystals hanging off each of them. On the table was a white cloth and a silver candelabra with five candles and an assortment of little clutter items.

There were windows at the far end, a whitened trim going to the floor divided into many square panels. And a circular one on the edges. In the middle of the windows was a white marble fireplace. There was a large spacing between the table and wall filled in with a table filled with assorted coffee and tea blends with their kettles for each one. I had been surprised that the dining room was this detailed and lavish. But I suppose it is the only room that guests were in.

They soon arrived, coming in one by one. Mary; Matthew, Mary's husband; Rachel; Christine; Eric, Christine's husband; Hope, and her courting man, Billy. Billy was tall to say the least, towering over the rest of them, he had spiked black hair, blue eyes that glimmered like a sea would in its prime hour, he wore a simple tailless tailcoat and a three in one tie of red. Matthew was a slim man, he had spiking blonde hair combed over, and crystal blue eyes. He wore a suit of tweed, and hand black shoes. Eric had slick black hair combed back, and he had brown eyes. He had a bit of a pinkness to his right face. He wore a set of actual tails, with a black waistcoat.

We sat in a silence, one that could not be broken easily, picking at the Hors d'oeuvres set before, then two unexpected people arrived. Derick and Carey, they had adorned a little more elegant attire for the night. Carey having a closely hugging dress of black, and Derick having something to the caliber that this unidentified man was wearing. "Billy, good to see you again. How are the ocean liners? I heard they were in good condition," Derick said. I smiled in his direction, he caught it and exchanged a similar one, for he did not want to make any form of small talk.