XXXI

It was all too clear about what was going to transpire in these few short minutes. Sybil was about to burst in an uproar of rage and her vanity, whilst Samuel was apparently behind the whole thing. I feared the worst, as it appeared that this seemed to stem towards my action against her in the last few seconds. Her rage was, most likely, to be targeted at me. She made a mad dash around the room, towards me. I began to try and avoid her, and Lizzie began to run to me as well. Sybil had unfortunately held my captive, squeezing me in her hand. "You shouldn't be acting like that," Sybil hissed.

"I should say the same for you," I snapped.

"You do not want to tempt me."

"I shall enjoy the temptations on who I will like to tempt. You can't force me into submission in that regard, to keep my prejudices aside and to not test the character of a person."

"Don't!" she screamed.

"You can't be tyrannical over me."

"Try me."

"Fine. I dare you."

"You don't know what you are getting yourself into," Sybil smirked. She dug into her pocket, and pulled out four identical ribbons of blue. I looked at her with a look, yet on the inside I had lost my mind. To think of the relations between Sybil and Sybil were one in the same, as if, my mind and reality were closely related to. I don't think that a man in sound mind would even consider himself to be in chains to a certain place while you remain helpless to do anything in their situation. Although, I would have not imagined that the implications of this schism would be so great that it involved her barging into a home to harass the people I hold dear, and assault Derrick. I would have never put it past Sybil, though. She was awful from the start. Despite that, she had her control over me, and if her intention was to keep me held in place with a piece of dress decor, I couldn't do much about it. She pinned me to the desk with the smallest of her fingers on her left hand, using the right to make four poles. She took the ribbon, and with both hands, tied each of them tightly to my wrist. I looked at her with an unbreaking stare, and breathed heavy as I did.

"You sly monster," I muttered.

"So, either you hand it over, or Edward dies," Sybil threatened.

"Over my dead body," Lizzie hissed. I noticed such a change in her. It was as if her eyes turned to a red evil, such as fire and a hellish look began to form from her gaze. I took off her jacket, and placed it nicely on the bed. She unbuttoned her skirt, which, mind you, came off surprisingly easy. I looked over to her, and she didn't gaze back with a loving look, nor once of innocence. No, this was a gaze of psychotic rage. I could only guess as to what state could come of this, and all the possibilities. All the while, my body was bound to a desk, the thought.

"So be it," Sybil grunted in retaliation. She kicked off her heeled shoes, and quickly tossed them to the side with her soles. I felt a shock in the desk as a heel collided with the desk, and it rumbled the floor slightly.

"Why did you ever think I was going to give you a cent?' Lizzie asked, amused by it for some audacious reason, well more of reasons of what had transpired and not of gall.

"I think you know perfectly well," Sybil retorted, with a sense of condescension in her voice. She dared to speak in a negative light to the person who she has asked for currency. I find that to be the most ironic thing a man can find so at a time such as that. I could only stare in abject horror as I saw what came next. Sybil slapped my dearest. She smacked her on her cheek, and Lizzie went along with the slap.

"Wrong move," Lizzie laughed through and through on this statement. Sybil's folly was, objectively, amusing, yet also strangely terrifying at the same time. I suppose, in the moment, it was a combination of the hurt that Lizzie had received, and the emotions of her response that produced my feeling. She made it out to be less bad than what was possible, but I felt it overly un-necessary.