VII

It was the next day after that little incident. Only four days in and my life has been attempted so heavily. But something made it seem not as realistic as I thought, then again what part of this spelled realistic. It was my legs, the weird properties surrounding them. I thought them to just be an illusion and I just was able to survive it, but the pain wasn't as harsh as It should've been when a massive object collided with such a small point.

No matter if it was breaking reality, I will enjoy myself. I thought subtly about the events already in my bed. I looked to see Elizabeth just getting up. "Good morning, Elizabeth. I hope I didn't cause a fright the other day," I greeted her.

"It wasn't you entirely who gave me the fright. It was that Sybil girl. I have a pretty good Idea as to who this Sybil is," she responded.

"You do?"

"I think so, at least. There is a rival company, and the founders are a family known as the Whittmores. They have three: Sybil, Samuel, and... Tristan."

"So you believe Sybil Whittmore to be behind it. I think we should take action."

"I already asked our lawyer over here."

"I see you've already thought ahead. Who is this illusive defender?"

"His name is Billy Fletcher."

"Then I will be very pleased to make Mr. Fletcher's acquaintance," I say.

"Good, because he is already on his way."

"I see, well, I shall dress myself, and then we can all have a pleasant conversation in the parlor."

"Speaking of which, I have to get dressed too."

"I should think we should do it on opposite sides of the room," I suggested.

"You will have to adjust in some things sooner or later," she quickly replied. She took off her clothes, and I quickly turned away. I ended up dressing myself in my riding outfit. Tan britches; with a black tailcoat, brass buttons lining the front opening on either side; a aight green paisley waistcoat, and topped with brass buttons; and a champagne colored cravat. Elizabeth decided to be a bit more scandalous, with a blue asymmetrical looking skirt, coming up on her left, showing it's ruffles. On her top she had a white floral lace bodice, cutting at the sleeves. She put on a pair of black boots, and then took me in her arms. I fastened my watch and let myself be picked up by her. She seemed a bit more tender to me than the other day, perhaps some sort of resentment towards herself for leaving me.

"Might I say you do look nice. You have a keen eye for fashion."

"Older styles have been coming back recently, and this is the latest trend."

"They have a wise mind to do so," I say.

"Now, Let's have some food," she said as she sat down. She cracked a few eggs into a hot pan, and a sizzle was heard. She gave me a small amount when it was all done and through, it was a light yellow with hints of white, and it was almost a consistency of jelly porridge.

"Who knew this could all be made with one ingredient."

"You'd be surprised how many things come from an egg. But, before Fletcher comes. I want to hear what you have to say about Sybil."

"Do you think it wise to do so?"

"I mean, there isn't anyone around besides you and me."

"Very well. But, there are some things I'd rather not share with the lawyer, Even my mind can't think of it properly without retching at the thought. And some things I'd rather keep between you and me."