XXXIII

I was aching to my core. My life had been turned upside down again, and this time, I wasn't so keen on the change. I awoke to being pressed upon. I felt my body compressed. I frantically looked around to see that Sybil's arms had stuck me to her chest. I was in an awkward position. I could, indeed, wiggle my way out. But, I could wake her. However, my decision was made for me.

"Darling, you're up?" Sybil asked.

"Can you let me go?" I asked.

"No, I cannot. You're not leaving me?"

"I... meant out of your... embrace," I panted.

"Oh! That..." I heard Sybil. She let me go, and I quickly fumbled out. I then noticed her face, blushed with very red skin.

"I don't suppose that you are embarrassed by that?"

"What me? Never."

"Don't fib."

"What could you possibly mean?"

"I mean that I know what your current intentions are. You wish to either have me dead from my refusals, or to have me brainwashed by my acceptance."

"Edward, that isn't the case."

"Then what is?"

"I just want you to be with me."

"And you presume that by keeping me against my will, I will be doing it willingly. Could it be that you are too egotistical for your own liking, and as such, take your seething anger on the weaker state of living beings? I wouldn't be surprised if you were to go to the nearest alley and maim cats, nor would I be if you assaulted a spaniel in spite of all you've laid before me."

"I would never hurt an animal..."

"Then what am I to you? You've appeared to drain my emotional well-being, and as such, you 've caused me trauma and pain."

"It was never my purpose to hurt you. That's the last thing I would want."

"And yet, why do you still persist? Why must you still pressure me and yourself in this falsehood of our love? Is it because you enjoy the power? For you enjoy deciding a man's fate, that might I add, did not bode well for you in the past."

"I love you, and this is the only way you won't escape..."

"You do understand that fact that if it were a normal man put in this circumstance, you could not make him love you. And why might you ask? Is it because they detest the fact that all their rights are to be taken away and chosen your power is chosen over their happiness? Is it because men in these situations are kept in cages and jars, with all but anything to keep them entertained? It is clear of your personalities, shown to me through the few shot occasions that we had. You've a stubbornness in you, and an entitlement complex. You think all too highly of yourself, and are so impertinent as to endanger many lives in order to get what you want. Your character has caused feelings to stir within me. My feelings towards you forbid an alliance, I cannot speak more plainly!"

"You're not serious. You'll come back."

"Really, Sybil. If what I said can be taken as encouragement, then I do not know how to word my proposal in hopes that it would be taken as being one."

"I understand, but I am not discouraged."

"Honestly Sybil, this is why I say that your stubbornness is going to be your downfall."

"I love you, and I know you love me."

"I shall give a proposition then, and if you refuse, then your character will be fully revealed. You shall give me a choice. This choice will be one demand of free will that will be granted, and all of the attachments I will propose will be followed. If you so refuse me, I could never love someone of the character that will be revealed to me."