16‐ Bryce's Struggle

You decide to kill time waiting for Jaden by doing face masks and manicures with Nessa.

You’ve never let yourself get close to anyone before and it’s nice to be making friends

You’ve never let yourself get close to anyone before and it’s nice to be making friends. Especially when the boy you’ve fallen in love with seems so uncertain right now. You bring the subject up to Nessa and she offers similar advice as Bryce.

Nessa: “Jaden is difficult to love”

Y/N: *mumbles to yourself* “is he even capable of it”

Nessa: *putting her arm around you* “It’s hard I know but someday he is going to fall in love so hard that he can’t hide from it and if you really want HIM then you’re just going to have to stick around so it’s you”

Y/N: “Isn’t that what Mads has been doing tho…”

Nessa: “Wow… I guess it is”

Y/N: “How did you know Josh loved you?”

Nessa: “Well he tells me… all the time. He just never has been shy about it. He kept us a secret for a while because he wanted to make sure that I was real before introducing his fan base to a relationship, but he never hid how he felt about me from me”

 He kept us a secret for a while because he wanted to make sure that I was real before introducing his fan base to a relationship, but he never hid how he felt about me from me”

You and Nessa hear a loud crash from the room next door and go to investigate. It’s Bryce’s room and he is sitting on the floor, face buried in his hands and a broken cell phone smashed next to him. Nessa runs over and kneels down next to him

Nessa: “Bryce… what’s wrong? What happened?”

Bryce: *mumbles through his buried face* “She’s moving in with him Nessa”

Nessa: “Addison? She’s moving in with Tony? What??? She didn’t tell me that”

Bryce: *looks up and has red eyes* “That makes two of us...She just told me a week ago that she wasn’t happy and was going to end things”

Nessa: “Where did you hear this Bryce? The internet? Let me talk to her and see if it’s even true before you get too worked up”

*tousles his hair and gets up* “I’ll be back in a minute sweetheart, everything will be ok”

*mouths to me* “Don’t leave him alone”

You go sit down on the floor next to Bryce and rest your head on his shoulder. He has been so amazing to you and you just want to be able to be there for him now. 

Bryce: “I’m so stupid…”

Y/N: “You are not!! Don’t say that”

Bryce: “We’ve been broken up for months, why can’t I let this go”

Y/N: “Maybe she’s the one?”

Bryce: “The one?? No she’s Tony’s one and I’m just stupid”

Y/N: “Hey. I’m in love with Mad’s ‘the one’ so that makes two of us”

Bryce:*finally looks up at you* “You’re still wearing that facemask goo on your face you know”

You both bust out into laughter when Nessa walks back in 

Nessa: “I just got off the phone with Addison… She isn’t technically moving in with Tony… someone must have seen her contract that she signed with the Hype House and assumed she would be moving in there and since Tony lives there too the tabloids just ran with it”

Bryce is noticeable relieved

Y/N: “Wait what is the Hype House?”

Nessa: “It’s just a another influencer house that was started at the same time as the Sway LA house… Avani actually lives there too”

Y/N: “Ooooh how very Romeo and Juliet of her and Anthony”

Nessa: *laughing* “It’s not really competing in that way… we are actually friends with a lot of them….”

Josh: *walking in and interrupting* “SOME of them”

Bryce: “Yeah that’s a story for another day”

Josh: *helps Bryce stand up* “Broken phone eh Bud?”

It’s nearly 1 am and you still haven’t heard a word from Jaden. You try to call twice but it goes straight to voicemail 

Nessa: *peaking over your shoulder* “Before you ask… I’m pretty sure he is still at the studio, but you should know… Mads is there too.. They just posted this video together”

You try not to overreact because they weren’t all over each other or anything but do they have to spend all this time together? They’re exes… that’s just weird!

Nessa: “Babes… I don’t want you to give up on him… I just want you to be mentally prepared if something happens that’s all”

Y/N: “I don’t want to lose everything when I finally am starting to feel happy”

Nessa: “Hey listen to me… you are a part of us now. No matter what happens with Jaden… you are one of my best friends now and you’re stuck with me!”

The idea of there ever being a day that you have to watch Jaden kiss someone else makes you catch your breath