52- Dinner with Dad

You spend the entire next day a ball of nerves. You find Nessa in the room Anthony left empty when he officially moved in with Avani. She is holding a pile of baby clothes trying to figure out how to organize everything in the baby's new nursery.

 She is holding a pile of baby clothes trying to figure out how to organize everything in the baby's new nursery

Y/N: "Hey can I hide in here with you?"

Nessa: *smiling* "Oh thank god, Yes! Distract me please!!"

Y/N: "Wanna talk me out of dinner tonight?"

You tell her all about your fight with your dad and how scared you are that Jaden is planning to end things soon. But you can't confront him because you don't want it to end yet... and how pathetic you feel taking him to dinner with your parents knowing it may not last through the weekend, but that you can't face them alone.

Nessa: "I'm so sorry. I just want you to remember one thing. We are your family. This is your home now regardless of what happens with you and Jaden"

You feel a little better about things but still incredibly sad that all the progress with Jaden may be coming to a screeching halt soon

You feel a little better about things but still incredibly sad that all the progress with Jaden may be coming to a screeching halt soon. No matter what's coming, today you're not ready to let go and you walk up to him folding clothes and wrap your arms around his waist burying your face in his chest.

J: "Awe hey my baby, what's that for"

Y/N: "I just really love you"

J: "I love you too babes... where is this coming from though?"

You can't bring yourself to face him, so he puts his hand under your chin lifting it so youre forced to look him in the eyes. He looks at you for a few seconds and whispers "I love you so much" before pushing his lips against yours. The deeper he kisses you, the more desperate you are to forget how scared you are to lose him and you push him back onto the bed ....

After the afternoon of distractions, you show up to the restaurant 15 minutes late. Jaden playfully chases you up to the table tickling you when you come face to face with your dad.

 Jaden playfully chases you up to the table tickling you when you come face to face with your dad

Dad: "I guess we know why these two are late"

You know he's just trying to embarrass you, but honestly you don't care anymore

Dad: "I didn't know he would be joining us.... I'll have to ask for another chair."

Y/N: "Where's mom?"

Dad: "She and your sister are in the bathroom... why don't you go check on them while I catch up with... what's your name again?"

J: *shaking his hand* "Hi sir... my name is Jaden"

Jaden looks at you and motions that it's okay to go.

Dad: "I don't need you to give my daughter permission to be excused from the table"

J: *changing the subject* "It's nice to meet you sir, I've heard a lot about you"

Dad: "Funny. She hasn't told us anything about you. I have ready plenty on the internet about you though."

Jaden shifts uneasy in his chair

Dad: "You're a musician? Is that code for you sit around all day playing video games with a guitar sitting in the corner of your room?"

Jaden: "Actually no, I have already released one song that hit the charts locally and my latest debuted at #4 in the country. I know it might not feel like a career that compares to a doctor like yourself, but I do pretty well for myself"

You walk up and immediately sense the discomfort and secretly slide your hand under Jaden's shirt along his bare back to let him know you are with him. Your sister, lacking the same subtlety, drops her purse on the ground as her jaw almost hits as low.

J: *putting his hand out*
"I'm guessing you're Catherine?"

Catherine: *stuttering*
"You... You're Jaden Hossler?"

Y/N: "This is my sister Cat and my mom..."

Dad: *Interrupting to correct you*
"Catherine"

Catherine: *completely starstruck*
"Oh.... My... God..."

Jaden: *Obviously oblivious to the fact that your sister is about to pass out*
"It's nice to meet you"

Dad: "If you'll excuse us, I'd like to talk to my daughter alone."

J: *kissing you on the forehead*
"I have a phone call to return, I'll be right back"

Catherine gets up and follows him and your dad stands in front to block you before you can stop her.

Catherine: *catching up with Jaden in the lobby* "So do you like live at the same house with my sister or like are you living together?"

J: "Isn't that the same question?"

Catherine: "Are you roommates or like together"

J: *trying to see across the restaurant to the table*
"I guess both..."

Catherine: "Good for her"

J: "Wait, what? What do you mean?"

Catherine: "You're nice. LIke obviously you're hot, but you haven't taken your eyes off her since you walked over here... that's really sweet. Do you love each other?"

J: "I don't really share my private life with people, but she's everything to me."

*still distracted by the obvious argument happening at the table*
"I'm sorry... I have to go..."

*walking up to the table*
"You good sweetheart?"

Dad: "Do you mind?"

You are completely dumbfounded by how to handle the verbal beatdown your dad always manages to hand you and can barely look Jaden in the eyes.

J: "Actually yes... I do mind. I think your daughter has had enough and we should be going."

Dad: "Over my dead body will I be told how to handle my daughter by a wanna-be celebrity who can't even support himself much less my daughter"

J: "No disrespect, but she makes enough to support herself which is probably why you haven't heard from her in months"

Mom: "Please can we calm down and try to order a nice dinner?"

Dad: "I have had enough and I think you should go and leave my daughter for me to handle, young man"

J: "Sounds great, but my girlfriend is coming with me"

Your face must look completely shocked as Jaden holds his hand out to you. Your sister whispers for you to go and that she loves you and that's all it takes to snap you back to reality. You let Jaden lead you out of the restaurant by your hand hearing your mother cry in the background. On the walk to the car, the words "my girlfriend" finally catch up with you and you pull away to stop in your tracks.

Y/N: "You called me your girlfriend"

Jaden: "Did I?"

Y/N: "Yeah...."

Jaden: "I'm sorry I guess it just came out in the moment..."

*sensing your confusion* "That's where we both know it's heading eventually right?"

Eventually? You thought this was leading to you getting your heart broken truthfully. Before you can question his statement, the phone rings. On the other end of the phone is Nessa crying