51- Trouble?

That night in bed you laid waiting for Jaden, he had gone to shower an hour ago. You tiptoe down the hall to listen for the water running and found the bathroom empty. On your way back to the room, confused, you hear Jaden talking to Josh. You know better than to eavesdrop but curiosity gets the best of you again.

J: "I don't know it just bothers me that everytime I get online it's like half of twitter has named us a couple before we even are one officially

J: "I don't know it just bothers me that everytime I get online it's like half of twitter has named us a couple before we even are one officially."

Josh: "I think that comes with what any of us do and like you can only decide if it's worth it"

J: "I know that and I have decided..."

*Jaden's voice becomes too quiet for you to hear the rest*

Josh: "I know but when are you going to tell her that"

Jaden: "Over dinner this weekend"

The door handle starts to turn so you run to the room trying to pretend you aren't confused and terrified

The next morning you wake and Jaden is already gone to the studio. You had been so nervous to face him last night, you'd pretended to be asleep when he walked in. It had felt good to feel him cuddle up to you, but you couldn't help but worry that your time together was limited. You check your phone for any messages from Jaden and find 6 texts from your sister and a missed call from.... Your father.

It had been almost 6 months since the night you ran away from the restaurant and you hadn't gone home since. You hadn't reached out to any of them actually, with the exception of taking one call from your sister months ago. The texts from your sister didn't hold many clues:

 The texts from your sister didn't hold many clues:

You break down and return your father's call. You knew it was coming as soon as he figured out you'd quit the restaurant his best friend owned

Dad: "Hello?"

Y/N: "Hi dad"

His disappointment bled thru the phone before he even spoke another word. All the questions you had been overthinking were answered within 2 mins of his rant.

Dad: "So not only do you run away and quit your job, but you're living with some new boyfriend that your mother and I haven't even met?"

Y/N: "He's not my boyfriend dad!"

Dad: "Even better! Unbelievable. How are you even making money to live off?"

Y/N: "I get paid by brands to influence supporters on social media"

Dad: "Amazing so not a real boyfriend... not a real job... Anything else you want to tell me?"

He was being so degrading that you explode on him. Years of misery all boil over.

Y/N: "THIS! This right here is why you haven't heard from me! Did it ever occur to you I'm here to ESCAPE YOU!!"

Your dad does what he does best and starts yelling over you. You've learned over the years if you just keep yelling back, he will throw his arms up and walk away... correction THAT'S what he does best. After a few minutes the line goes silent.

Y/N: "Hello? Seriously?"

Mom: "Y/N? Sweetheart? I don't know what's wrong but will you please talk to me?"

Y/N: "I have nothing to say"

Y/N: "I miss you. Will you please meet us for dinner? You can bring your new guy. Would that be okay? I'd love to meet him. I just need to see you're ok... that you're happy... he makes you happy doesn't he?"

Maternal guilt is a hell of a thing and you agree to dinner.

J: *hearing you hang up peeks his head in* "You good baby?"

Y/N: "You're finally home? I thought you were going to be home today..."

J: "Yeah sorry I had a long meeting this morning, but I'm all clear tonight so we can go on our date at a decent time. "

Y/N: "Can we maybe do it a different night? I don't have it in me to be honest"

J: "Uh... yeah I guess? Is everything ok?"

Y/N: "Well let's see Jaden I woke up to you gone without a word after you said you'd be here... and then spent 45 minutes getting belittled by my father... and then another 15 manipulated by my mother... and then you pop your head in asking me if I feel like putting on a fancy dress and happy face and going out"

J: "Okay, okay... no need to get hostile with me. I'm not the enemy, remember. You're beautiful in my sweats and a messy bun babe... Let's just stay in and I'll order food ok?"

You felt bad for snapping at him. You know it's not his fault. You had told yourself that if Jaden wasn't so scared of commitment then your dad wouldn't have been able to hold the term 'non-boyfriend- over your head... But the truth is he would have been just as condescending without that ammo. Jaden comes back upstairs after answering the door with a bag of chinese takeout boxes

J: "Fortune cookie for my sweet girl?"

There it went... your entire bad mood disappeared with his smile. You open up to him about your conversation and the plans you got roped into.

J: "Do you want me to go with you?"

Y/N: "You would do that?"

J: "If you asked me to, yeah... I'd do anything you asked me to baby"