67- Wedding Arrivals

A few weeks have passed and the wedding is quickly approaching. They had managed to plan the entire thing within a month and even though no one else, understood the rush, they were just so happy and in love and didn't want to wait another minute.

Everyone had made it back and the gang was enjoying a breakfast in the kitchen like old times. The doorbell rings and it's Nessa and Josh's parents. Within a few minutes, both Mom's are tearing up over talking about their babies getting married.

You'd met Nessa's mom briefly, once because she made a point to fly in after Lucas was born to spend a long weekend

You'd met Nessa's mom briefly, once because she made a point to fly in after Lucas was born to spend a long weekend. Watching them get so excited, made you a little sad because you know that even on the small chance you and Jaden had this, your parents would never be supportive of it. Not even if you'd given up traveling with Jaden to go to college. That had just been a manipulation.

At the rehearsal dinner, Jaden keeps looking nervously at the door. His parents were coming to the wedding because his father, a pastor, was going to be the one performing the ceremony.

Y/N: *whispering to Jaden*
"Don't you think I should be the nervous one? I'm meeting your parents today"

Jaden: "I'm not nervous, my mom is just a little.. Idek the word... dramatic? I am just not looking forward to the scene she creates when she walks in"

Y/N: "Just try to focus on your dad, you were so excited to see him today. As for your mom? Well... let's just focus on your dad haha"

Jaden rests his forehead against yours and closes his eyes while breathing you in

J: "God, I love you"

As you tilt your head to kiss him softly, you hear a voice behind clear their throat. As you quickly pull away, with an uneasy feeling, Jaden sighs and says, "Hi mom"

You turn around and before you can say anything his mother says, "You must be the girl my son has been hiding from us"

Y/N: "I guess that would be me. Hi, I'm Y/N"

She quips back, "I know who you are are"

You see a man wading through the crowd and immediately know he's Jaden's dad

You see a man wading through the crowd and immediately know he's Jaden's dad. They have the same kind eyes and his smile beams towards you exactly how Jaden's does

Jaden's Dad: "Hi sweetheart. I've been waiting to meet you!!"

You are taken aback by how accepting and loving his father is

You are taken aback by how accepting and loving his father is. His mother is perfectly polite to you, but acts almost like she's searching for a reason to dislike you.

Jaden's Mom: *looking at Nessa and Josh*
"They really are just the cutest, but I can't believe their parents are so ok with them getting married so young they are going to struggle so hard"

Jaden's Dad: "Oh hush, let them be happy honey"

He turns to Jaden and adds "When love makes you a family, you don't turn your back on it no matter how hard it might be"

Jaden's Mom: "Well when you're this young you should avoid anything that traps you in a family you aren't ready for"

The judgement dripping from her tone while smiling makes you uncomfortable. You know she's talking about Josh and Nessa but you can't help but read into it a warning for you to not move to fast with her son.

Jaden: *his tone sounds like a warning*
"Mom, enough."

Jaden's Mom: "I don't mean anything negative about your friends, honey. They are a lovely couple with a beautiful baby"

Jaden's mom goes to refill her drink and his dad looks at you and smiles a knowing smile towards his son and Jaden hugs his dad and they head off to chat