44- He's Home

You walk in the door laughing about how you’re going to explain to Nessa that you bought out the whole baby store and come face to face with something that knocked the breath out of you

Addison *grabbing the bag you dropped and whispering to you* “I told you it’d work”

Jaden: “Hi”

God you missed the sound of his voice

God you missed the sound of his voice. His smile. His face. His everything. Everyone is just standing in the living room staring at the entryway you still stand blocking waiting to see your reaction.

You have a reaction… or at least you would if you could breath. You layed in bed writhing in the pain of your sobbing for weeks and here the cure stands right in front of you and you still can’t breath.

You’d scripted an entire conversation just in case this day ever came full of anger and love and demand and forgiveness. But right now your mind was just a blank and the only words you could wring out was “hi”

The moment the completely deficient word left your lips it lit a fire of rage inside of you. He lied to you! For what purpose? 

Jaden: “I’m sorry I haven’t calle…..”

Y/N: *Interrupting* “You lied Jaden”

Jaden: “I’m sorry for a lot of things”

Y/N: “For what purpose? To hurt me? Congrats!! To keep me in my place? You got it… I understand I’m nothing to you”

Jaden: “That’s NOT true”

Y/N: *voice now reaching a fury*
“Was there some other message I’m missing because make no mistake I’ve been trying to read between the lines searching for some sign that you really do love me and aren’t just a scared selfish little boy who doesn’t know what he wants!!!”

Jaden: “I know you like Bryce now but if you...”

Y/N: *cutting him off again continuing to scream* “You are a coward Jaden Hossler. I loved you with absolutely everything in me and it wasn’t enough for you. Nothing is ever enough for you to grow up. And you have the AUDACITY to hold against my attention to a boy who was never ashamed to love me? I don’t know who you think you are ‘rockstar’....”

Jaden interrupts by grabbing you by the cheeks, mumbling “sorry Bryce” and silencing you with a kiss that makes everyone in the room’s chins drop to the floor. His hands move down to your lower back pulling you into a full embrace. His warm soft lips against yours feel like a thousand volts of electricity to every part of your body. Your brain tries to protest but your body is exactly where it belongs. After what feels like a chunk of forever floating away into an alternate universe that exists only with the two of you… Jaden pulls away never letting go of you though.

Jaden: “God I missed you”

You are stunned absolutely stupid

Jaden: “I know you’re mad at me… but I’m just so happy to see you”

Jaden kisses you one last time and then grabs his bag and strolls upstairs

Bryce: *breaking the silence* “Who’s gonna tell him”