Truth

Morgan and Prentiss volunteered to tell Alyssa the truth about her father. They were nervous but everyone knew the truth had to come out. 

The walked towards the questioning rooms where Alyssa gave as much information about her mother as she could. When they arrived, Alyssa walked out of the room, saying goodbye to the agent who questioned her. 

"Hey Alyssa" Emily called out, grabbing the girl's attention

"Hey kid" Morgan also said. Alyssa looked to them and walked over with a small smile while she said hello quietly. The dark circles under her eyes revelaed  barely got any sleep last night and her brunette hair was messy and slightly tangled. 

Getting straight to the point Derek asked Alyssa 

"What do you know about your father Alyssa?

"He left" She answered 

"Anything else?" Emily asked

"Mom doesn't talk about him, she only said that he left" Alyssa explained to the agents. They looked to each other, wondering who was going to explain to her that she was the daughter of a serial killer. Morgan sighed and broke the news to Alyssa.

"What?" The girl reacted. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her father left her mother, he wasn't a serial killer. 

"It's true kid," Morgan said to her

"No its not, my dad isn't a killer" She insisted.

"I know it's hard to hear, but it's true" Emily backed up
Alyssa froze. She was stunned, contemplating everything. Everything she thought was a lie. Her mom was a liar.

"W-what" the girl stuttered.

"I can't imagine what your going through" Morgan said 

"My mom's a liar!" Alyssa stated

"I'm sure she did it to protect you" Derek defended

"Can I meet him?" She asked. Derek paused and looked down. "Let me meet him!" The girl ordered. The agents were reluctant to agree but led her to the interrogation room where Scott was held. 

Alyssa stopped by the window, staring at the man on the other side. She recognized his some of his features. Matching features. Their hair. Nose. 

She turned towards the door and stopped for a moment. She took a breath however her heart refused to stop racing. Alyssa grasped the handle and opened the door, entering with Morgan following close behind. 

"Is this her?" Scott asked when they walked in. Morgan nodded gestured Alyssa to the chair opposite. 

"You're my dad?" Alyssa asked, taking her seat. Scott smiled at her and nodded. He looked up and down at her.

"You turned out alright didn't you? I can see myself in you. Sadly, you got your mother's eyes but I guess we don't always win the genetic lottery" he said. Alyssa looked up, slightly offended that he talked about her mother like that.  "What's your name?"

"A-Alyssa" she replied

"Alyssa. After your late grandmother. Personally, I would've picked a better name" 

"Where is Hanna, Scott?" Morgan interrupted, noticing how uncomfortable Alyssa was becoming by Scott's words.

Scott looked towards him, looking offended that he interrupted his conversation. 

"What's school like, Alyssa? I never really liked school" He said, completely ignoring Morgan.

"Where is Hanna Gray?" Morgan repeated with agitation. He got Hills' attention when they made eye contact. There was silence in the room for a few moments.

"Not far from here" He answered

Alyssa looked to him, wide eyed. 

"You have my mom?" She said, tears beginning to fall from her eyes

"Not exactly" He taunted

"Who are you working with?" Morgan demanded

"Isn't that a question we'd all like to know" He laughed. 

Alyssa stood from her chair, eyes filled with tears, and rushed out the room. Morgan followed behind her. Alyssa turned and wrapped her arms around him as she wept.

"Where's my mom?" She cried

"We'll find her, kid. Don't worry" He assured