Another Meeting

With no leads on where to find Hanna, everyone was on edge. Alyssa's father, Scott Hills, continued to be difficult and refused to give a location or be of any help. But Alyssa was struggling with processing the truth. Her father was a serial killer who had potentially kidnapped her mother. 

Alyssa was in the care of her aunt Kayla and her uncle Jaspar. During the semester break, she often visited the BAU alone with the hope they found new evidence. She was let down every time. 

It was 10 am when Alyssa got ready to head to the BAU like she usually did. She ran down the stairs towards the kitchen where her aunt Kayla was making breakfast. Alyssa grabbed a bowl and poured her cereal.

"Morning, Alyssa. How are you?" Kayla asked with a smile

"I'm good." She replied

"Plan on doing anything today?"

"I'm going to see Derek and found out if they have any leads yet"

"Again?" Kayla said concerningly. Alyssa nodded, taking her cereal to the table. When she'd finished, she threw her bowl in the sink and rushed to her new room.

Wearing her denim jacket, jeans and green shirt with white horizontal stripes, she took the bus and arrived. She walked towards Morgan, sat at his desk.

"Anything?" She asked, almost every morning. 

"Alyssa, you know I'll tell you if we have something. You don't have to come in everyday." Derek told her.

"I know" She replied. It wasn't something she wanted to hear, but she knew it was true. Alyssa's head drooped but she was comforted when Derek placed his hand on her shoulder.

"I know it's hard for you, kid" He said to her. He grabbed a chair and brought it over for Alyssa to sit down. She sar down and placed her bag by her feet. "How is it with your aunt and uncle?"

"They're okay, I guess" Alyssa said, looking down. 

"You guess?"

Alyssa struggled forming a relationship with them because she'd only met them a few times in her life. Alyssa and her mother often kept to themselves and that's what Alyssa was used to.

"I like Kayla, we talk a lot. She works most of the day but she makes time for me when she can." 

"And your uncle?"

"Acts like I don't exist" Alyssa answered

"I'm sure that's not true"

"It is. I only get one word answers from him unless I'm with Kayla." Her aunt and uncle knew who her father was and she wondered if that was why her uncle didn't like her. "Can I talk to my father, again?" She said, changing the subject.

"Alyssa, I don't think it's going to make a difference" Morgan replied, honestly

"Please"

"Okay then" He agreed as they both stood up from their chairs.

"Alone" Alyssa added

"Hell, no Alyssa" Derek demanded. "You're not talking to him on your own, he's manipulative"

"I'm 13 years old and he's my father!" Alyssa argued

"I don't care how old you are, you're not going alone!" Morgan argued back, making Alyssa angrier

"Yes. I. Am" 

JJ, hearing the commotion, walked over to Morgan's desk and approached the arguing pair.

"What the hell is going on, I can hear you from Hotch's office" JJ demanded. Alyssa turned, explaining everything to her.

"I think Alyssa should see Scott on her own" JJ defended 

"What?" Morgan replied

"He might open up to Alyssa. If there isn't someone else in the room" JJ said, supporting Alyssa. Morgan gave in, rolling his eyes. Both agents guided Alyssa to meet Scott once again. They waited for Scott to be brought in. 

"We'll be right outside" JJ told Alyssa with a small smile. Alyssa nodded before entering. 

The room reminded her of the first time she met her father. She began to have second thoughts but she didn't want to turn back either. 

"Alyssa. Finally, we meet again" Scott greeted as they both took a seat opposite each other

"Hello" Alyssa said, remembering, she hadn't planned on what she was going to say or ask. Her heart began to race causing her to feel slightly dizzy all of a sudden.

"What are you here for?" He asked her

"I just wanted to talk. The two of us" 

"Interesting" He said, sending cold chills down Alyssa's spine. She felt like this was a game to him.

The entire conversation was mostly one sided. Scott asked many questions about Alyssa and her life but he didn't enjoy Alyssa asked about him, he'd give one worded answers or avoid the subject all together.

Eventually, Scott saw through Alyssa. 

"As much as I love talking to you, Alyssa, but what are you actually here for?"

Alyssa looked shocked, feeling like she had been caught. Scott leaned forward, locking his fingers on the table.

"You want to talk about your mother, don't you?"

"I know you won't tell me where my mom is, will you?" Alyssa asked her father

"No. But she's not far" 

"Why won't you tell me?"

Scott laughed,  making Alyssa nervous and feel sick to her stomach. What was so funny?

"Why did you take her?"

"Becasuse she took you" His words cut through her. Alyssa felt extremely uncomfortable and claustrophobic. But, suddenly, all those emotions turned to anger and frustration. 

"I'm glad she did because you're a killer and a psycho!" Alyssa yelled and stormed out the room