The First Sign

"Ready for another day of school" Anna said energetically, almost bouncing around the room.

"You're happy" Alyssa expressed

"I'm really happy" Anna squealed. Alyssa had never seen Anneleice this happy since... well ever. In a weird way it scared her.

"Why?" Alyssa asked the joyful one

"Just a certain someone asked me to hang out tomorrow!!" Anna continued to squeal. She was talking about a boy she had been crushing on called Ryan. Alyssa didn't understand people who went nuts over boys, what's the big deal about it, she thought.

"It's Emma's birthday dinner tomorrow" Alyssa reminded her

"I'm going afterwards" Anna explained

Putting the joyful kangaroo aside, Alyssa continued getting ready for the day ahead and grabbed her silver bag with a purple lining for the pattern to leave.

"Don't forget it's Emma's birthday tomorrow and we're going out for dinner, can you girls buy a present on the way back from school" Tom asked then just as both girls approached the door. They nodded in agreement and left the apartment, making their way to school.

They almost made it to school until Anna began to look uneasy all of a sudden. Alyssa picked up on this, she also noticed Anna turning around to see behind her.

"Something wrong?" Alyssa asked, turning behind her, wondering what Anneliese was looking at. 

"That car, the blue one" She said, referring to a still blue car at the end of the street

"What about it?" 

"I swear I saw last night, pulled up by the cafe where I had my study group and I saw it drive past us on our way out of the apartment" Anna explained, clearly on edge

Alyssa turned around to get a good look at the car, but she was too far away to see who was inside.

"Are you sure it's the same car. Blue is a popular color" Alyssa replied. Anna thought about it for a moment. She tried to shrug it off, but it remained in the back of her mind.

At the BAU

The elevators steel doors opened revealing the path. Morgan stepped out, a cup of coffee in his hand as he walked to his desk.

"Hey" Reid said as joined Derek as they walked

"Hey, pretty boy"

"Did you make up with Alyssa?"

"Yeah, we're good. Anything on Scott"

Reid shook his head for an answer. For every minute Scott was put there, the more dangerous it was for Alyssa.

"We found out how he eacaped" Hotch announced to the team

"How?" Emily asked

"There was a gas attack at the prison that knocked everyone unconscious, somehow Scott manged to slip through the pipes but the cameras were hacked so we have no idea which way he went" he explained

"So we're back to square one and it's only a matter of time before he finds Alyssa" said Derek

No one said anything or responded in any way indicating that they agreed. But they still did their best to solve this.

At Alyssa's School

The school bell rang for all to here, signaling the students freedom from their lessons. Excluding the students that went to their after school clubs, everyone walked home including Alyssa and Anneleice. They walked along the path, approaching one of the shops on their way.

"What are we getting Emma?" Anna wondered

"Beats me" Alyssa answered

"How about perfume and chocolate" Anna suggested

"Yeah ok" Alyssa agreed as they wondered the aisles in the shop. They grabbed a full sized chocolate bars with a caramel filling and they searched looking for perfume and and card.

"How about this one" Anna said, grabbing one of the perfumes and spraying it on her wrist. Alyssa smelt it and reacted with

"That's good.... if you want to smell like an old lady"

"What do you suggest then" Anneleice said

"This one" She replied, showing her one of the bottles she took from the shelf.

"What does it smell like?"

"Come here and find out"

Anna walked towards her when Alyssa sprayed it on her other wrist.

"Why can't you spray in your wrist"

"Because I don't want to smell like a prostitute"

"What?" Anna asked confused. Alyssa sprayed it and she smelt it. It smelt quite fruity.

"That's nice" She told her. They payed for the gifts and walked out.

"Oh my god" Anna whispered. Alyssa looked to see Anna's face turn pale and shocked, like she'd seen a ghost. 

"What is it?" She said, looking around. Anna pulled Alyssa's arm and pulled her aside so they were facing each other. 

"That car I saw. Behind me, by the street" She whispered subtly. Alyssa eyes drifted behind Anna, scanning the street. There was a blue car. But there was two that looked the same. She couldn't tell if it was the same one. 

"Anna, as I said, blue's a popular color, they probably just look the same" Alyssa assured, beginning to walk away. Anna followed closely behind her. They finally reached home and hid the presents in the closet.

"Shoot" Alyssa called

"What?" asked Anna

"We forgot Emma's card"

"Alyssa!"

"Don't yell as me, you forgot as well" Alyssa replied grabbing her coat that was black with brown fur on its hood. She then grabbed her keys and walked out to retrieve the forgotten card. The girl felt uneasy going out alone but she ignored her nervousness. She snuck out the cellar window again to avoid the cop's eye. Yes she was nervous but she was worried for her family. If the cop saw her leave, he would follow her and leave her family unprotected. Like last time, she succeeded and bought a card from a corner store. When she walked out she noticed something. It was the blue car pulling up to the edge of the sidewalk opposite. She grabbed her phone and rang Derek.

"Hey kid, what's up" he answered

"Derek, I think I'm being followed"