Moving Again

Confronting Alyssa about her secrets wasn't easy. Often she would ignore the agents or completely look away from them. She refused to confirm or deny Rosa's actions.

"I don't want to be here anymore. I just want my mom. I want to go home" the girl said to Derek.

"I know kid, if you just tell us what happened the quicker you can get out of here" Derek told her 

"Nothing happened" Alyssa insisted but the agents knew she was lying.

"C'mon Alyssa" Morgan said, desperate for her to admit to everything.

"Whatever you think you know, you're wrong"

"Anneleice told us everything"

"She's lying" She said. This was shocking for them to hear. Alyssa and Anna had a really close bond and Alyssa calling her a liar was astonishing.

"Explain why you were in the hospital. Twice" Morgan asked her, hoping that she might run out of excuses

"Soccer practice accident, my shoulder hasn't been the same since" Alyssa put bluntly

"How did it dislocate, Alyssa"

"I told you"

"No, you told me why it's prone to injury, not how you hurt it" Derek said and this time it worked. Alyssa was trying to come up with excuses but she couldn't find one.

"You're safe here" Derek told her and Alyssa began to believe it.

"She's awful to us, I stood up to her and that's when she got violent" the girl confessed "For a woman as old and thin as her, she's quite strong" Alyssa continued.

The team gathered outside the room as Derek continued to talk to Alyssa.

"Alyssa's social worker is here" Rossi said, introducing a tall woman with red hair.

"Hello, I'm Amy Jones" She said as so shook hands with the agents.

"Will Alyssa be separated from the other girls she lived with?" JJ wondered

"Sadly yes, however I found family that will take Alyssa and Anneleice Hansen" Amy told them which made the team slightly relieved. 

"What's the family like?" Reid questioned

"It's a couple, I've met them and they're really nice and they have a clean record" Amy explained. The team were still worried of the same thing would happen to Alyssa again but Amy seemed genuine. Derek exited the room with Alyssa by his side, his arm around her shoulder.

"What's going on" Alyssa asked when she noticed her social worker standing there.

"We found a great place for you live" Amy explained

"Will I be separated from Anneleice and Mia?" She replied

"You'll live with Anneleice but Mia will be placed in another group home I'm afraid" The social worker said

"No" Alyssa said, tears rolling down her face

"I'm sorry Alyssa, I tried my best" Amy apologised

Alyssa turned to hug Derek, who then hugged her back. She was leaving again and she was leaving Mia, who she adored.