Caller

Like every morning, Alyssa, Anneliece and Mia walked to school together side by side.

"Again, again! " Mia begged as the girls at each side of her clutched her small hands, lifting her up and down like a swing. The three laughed as they walked down the sidewalk.

"Childish" Tia commented, her eyes glued to her phone. Anna and Alyssa turned their heads and rolled their eyes. They chose to ignore Tia as they weren't going to let her ruin Mia's fun. Especially Alyssa. She loved having a little sister. However from the neglect from Rosa, sometimes she felt like a mother.

On their path, the girls dropped Mia off at her elementary school before going to their middle school themselves. They entered and were immediately greeted by two girls. One had brown hair and blue eyes and the other had light hair and brown eyes.

"Hey!" The girl with the dark hair said

"Hey Kylie, hey Ella" Alyssa said to them. Kylie and Ella were her best friends in middle school, often Kylie and Alyssa were mistaken for sisters from their similar features. As they talked, Alyssa was oblivious to the fact that Anna had walked away. Before Alyssa lived with Anneliece, each had their own separate friends and were never originally close.

Not long after, the bell rang instructing everyone to go to class. Alyssa arrived and sat down, grabbing her pencil case from her bag that sat beside her. In the middle of class as the teacher gave her speech, they were interrupted by a constant ringing.

"Who's phone is that" the teacher demanded to know. Everyone looked around including Alyssa.

"Alyssa, I think that's yours" Ella whispered from behind. The girl's eyes grew wide as she realized... it was her phone. She rummaged through her bag and picked up her phone and looked at it: Unknown Number. 'Huh' she thought to herself. Looking up, the teacher was towering over her sticking her bony hand out. Alyssa rolled her eyes as she handed over her phone. The teacher resumed her lesson meanwhile a couple students were staring at Alyssa. But the girl ignored it and rested her head against the window.

6 hours later

"Can I have my phone back please Miss Smith" Alyssa pleaded as she attempted to collect her phone at the end of classes.

"Sure but only because it's unusual behaviour from you and I don't expect it to happen again" Miss Smith informed her, her beady eyes looking like they were going to pop out of her sockets.

"It won't" Alyssa told her. Miss Smith reached into her desk drawer, bringing out a phone with a white and purple swirly phone case. She handed it to her and Alyssa placed it in her pocket.

"I hope it was someone important, interrupting my lesson" She said

"No, I think it was some marketer or something" The teenager said. She was dismissed as the teacher nodded at her. Alyssa walked out and caught a glimpse of Anna waiting for her near the lockers.

"Where were you?" She asked

"My phone was taken off me"

"Oh, well we need hurry so we're not late to collect Mia"

Both girls rushed down the roads to Mia's elementary school and were just in time. The doors opened and and lots of smiling kids ran to their parents. Mia stood there, eyes searching the courtyard. As her eyes met with Alyssa and Anneliece, her smile grew and she whizzed up to them.

"Hi Mia, what did you do today" Anneliece asked as they started to walk back to the home.

"We did drawings of different animals" Mia innocently said

"Cool" Alyssa said, joining the conversation. They arrived home and the girls went to their room to do their homework.

"Oh my god, no she did not!" They heard Tia exclaim as they climbed to the top of the stairs.

"Oh my god, yes she did" Alyssa mocked silently to the girls. Anna and Mia laughed quietly as the approached their room. They started their homework when Alyssa's phone rang again. She looked at it: it was the same number as last time.

"If they've rung again it must be important" Anneleice said. Alyssa agreed and took the call

"Hello" She introduced

"Hello this is Virgina State Prison, do you accept the call" a robot like voice said. Alyssa looked up confused.

"Who is it" Anna mouthed to her. Alyssa shrugged her shoulders.

"Yes I accept the call" She said to the woman. The phone made a sound.

"Hello, Alyssa?" Scott asked. The girl was astonished.

"Scott?"