The Call

"Scott" Alyssa gasped at the voice. She stepped out of her room and into her bathroom.

"What do you want" She simply said to him. After everything he had done, she wanted nothing to do with him regardless whether they were related.

"I wanted to talk to you" Scott said to her. It was weird but he sounded more caring and less psychopathic.

"Well I don't want to talk to you"

"Well you accepted the call, and don't play the curiosity card with me because it won't work. Who else do you know who's in prison" he outsmarted her and Alyssa didn't like it. Again it felt like she was trapped in his game.

"Fine you have two minutes of my attention" She gave

"That's brilliant because that's all they'll give me here" he told her. In Alyssa's mind he didn't deserve anything. Not even his place here on Earth.

"I just wanted to see you again"

"See me? Why the hell would I want to see you after everything you've done" She said almost yelling.

"Like what?" He said

"For starters, my mother" She began before he interrupted her

"I'm in prison Alyssa, how could I have done anything to her" Scott outsmarting her really started to irritate Alyssa.

"The families you murdered" She said, feeling like she was gaining the upper hand.

"Fair enough, I'll give you that. But I just wanted to know if you were curious about your past" Scott said

"What do you mean?"

"Haven't you always wondered about your mom and me and yourself" Scott told her. She hated to admit that he was right. Alyssa was curious. "You know I'm right" he continued. Alyssa started getting annoyed by how he easily got under skin and she accidentally blurted out "Stop doing that". Scott laughed and said "Doing what". Alyssa hung up and took a deep breath before returning to her room where Mia and Anneliece were waiting for her.

"Are you okay? " Anna asked. Alyssa nodded unconvincingly.

"Dinner!" Tia shouted to the girls, a perfect getaway from Anna's questions. Everyone proceeded downstairs to the table where spaghetti was served in bowls for everyone. Tia often cooked the meals for everyone, if it wasn't her then it would usually be Riley. Hearing Riley shout 'dinner' would probably be the only time you heard a sound come out of her mouth. The girls gathered round as they ate.

"It's very nice Tia, thank you" Mia said

"Obviously, it was made by me" Tia responded in her usual stuck up tone but the conversation was interrupted by Rosa, pounding her way through the hallway. She looked to them, snarled and stomped through the lounge. This is how they knew Rosa had a bad day and was safe if they didn't talk to her. After watching the grumpy old woman, the girls continued their dinner. Alyssa wondered if she should tell Derek about Scott all way through her meal, constantly switching decisions.

"Hey, are you there" a voice said clicking their fingers in Alyssa's face. Alyssa came back to reality to see Tia waving her hand in her face. Alyssa slapped it away saying "Sadly so!". Tia grunted and rolled her eyes while she grabbed the empty plates and carried them into the kitchen

"You can wash them up" Tia announced to her just to annoy her. Alyssa pulled a face at her but regardless, did as she was told.

"I'll help" Anneleice said, defending her

"Me too" Mia said in her innocent voice meanwhile Riley sat in her corner, watching the argument unfold between them. The girls entered the kitchen to wash up when Tia and Riley went to their room.

"Hey watch this" Alyssa said to Anna. Anna turned and Alyssa flicked some water at her.

"Hey!" Anna reacted, bending over to the sink to flick water at Alyssa.

"Ooh, Ooh I wanna join" Mia exclaimed as she copied the teenagers. For a 9 year old, Mia always acted younger and that what everyone loved about her. The girls had a massive water fight in the kitchen, water covered the floor and bubbles stuck to the windows.

"Okay, truce! Truce!" Alyssa pleaded, struggling to get her words out from her laughter. Anna and Mia stopped and the girls looked down with wide eyes.

"Oh, we're going to be in so much trouble" Anna said slightly scared.

Alyssa tiptoed to the kitchen door, opening ever so slightly. She closed turning back to Anna and Mia.

"Rosa is passed out near the TV, if we hurry we'll be OK... hopefully" She told them before handing out instructions. "Mia, go get the mop from under the stairs". Mia obediently ran off to the stairs. Alyssa kneeled under the sink and grabbed a cloth and Mia returned with the mop. Alyssa chucked a cloth to Anna, as she caught it she immediately rushed to the window. 10 minutes later, the girls successfully cleaned the kitchen leaving not a single trace. They ran to their rooms and jumped into their beds.

"Phew, that was close" Anneliece said

"But fun" Alyssa replied gaining a nod and a chuckle from Anna and Mia.