Hospital

Derek was the first to regain consciousness. His body felt nothing but pain, hissing at every move he attempted to make. The house in front of him was a ball of fire, parts of the house fell to the ground, engulfed in flames. All he could hear was the incessant ringing in his ears and sirens coming from afar. He looked around and spotted Alyssa, collapsed onto the ground. Ignoring the pain, he rushed over to her. He toom her hand and shook her shoulder but she was unresponsive. He called her name numerous times but she wouldn't wake up. The golden glow from the fire showed the ash all over her face. 

The scene attracted the neighbors attention. Everyone stared at the fire and it's smoke being released into the sky. The ambulances eventually arrived with the fire department. The paramedics carried them away separately to the hospital. On the way, Derek couldn't stop thinking and worrying about Alyssa.

Derek woke up in a hospital bed, surrounded by half of his team:Emily, Spencer and Penelope. Smiles appeared on their glowing faces when they realized he had woken up. 'Get Well Soon' cards filled the table and the constant beeps from the heart monitor and chatter from doctors and nurses. 

"Yay, you're awake" Penelope exclaimed as she rose from her chair and walked towards him. He smiled at her as Garcia wrapped her arms around him.

"Hey, baby girl, where's Alyssa?" He asked everyone. The team looked to each other, clueless on what to say giving Derek a bad feeling. A thought he didn't want to be true. 'She can't be dead' he went over and over in his head until it was true.

"She can't be.." he said, struggling to reach the end of his sentence.

"Alyssa's fine" Penelope assured him

"If she was fine, you wouldn't be giving worried looks" Derek replied.

"Alyssa's hasn't woken up yet, they worried she might have suffered brain damage from the impact" Emily said to him, knowing Derek needed the truth. Morgan stared ripping off the wires attaching him to the machines, everyone stopped him shouting his name.

"I need to see her!" Derek insisted but team persuaded him to stay put.
"Wait until the doctors can assess you first" Penelope said
"No, I'm seeing her " Derek ignored
"Derek Morgan, you are staying in that bed until a doctor says you can leave" She said in a tone, taking Derek by suprise. Prentiss and Reid laughed, their hands against their mouth and nose to disguise it. Morgan grunted and climbed into bed.

A doctor came in, a woman with emerald eyes and red hair brushed into a ponytail. She walked in with a smile, grabbing the wooden clipboard that hung from the hospital bed.

"Hello Derek, how are you feeling" She greeted him

"Fine, can I leave" he answered, desperate just to leave. It was the only thing he could think about.

"We'd like to keep you in for observation, just to see how you're doing" the red head instructed, making Derek more impatient.

"Can I at least get out of bed" he asked. The doctor sighed as she noticed his impatience.

"You can try, but don't be pushing yourself, you've just survived an explosion remember" She told him as she filled the charts and placed the clipboard back on bed before leaving.

2 Hours Later

Minutes felt like hours, hours felt like months. As Morgan's impatience grew, so did his anger.
"Ok I can walk, can I see Alyssa now" he established to Penelope. Everyone else had gone back to work but Gracia stayed with Derek. Avoiding an arguement, Penelope led Derek to Alyssa's hospital room.

Unlike Derek's room, Alyssa's room was plain. No cards or balloons. Just white and grey. Alyssa laid in her bed, her face covered in bruises and stitches you could barely identify her. Heart monitors were the only sound in the room. Derek walked up to her and grabbed her hand, a needle buried deep into the center. A tear fell from the tall man's eye as he gazed upon the girl.