Meet and Greet

Lately, Alyssa often stared at pictures of herself with her mom. She couldn't believe she was gone.

"Hello, Alyssa?" A sweet voice said. Alyssa looked up to a tall woman in a business skirt, blazer and a lilac shirt. Her red hair was tied in a bun and freckles coated her face.

"Hello" Alyssa said shyly

"Hi, I'm Amy, I'm with Child Services" She introduced, stepping in the room.

"Is this about who I'm living with?" She asked

"Yes, we found a wonderful family who's waiting a outside right now" Amy said "I'll go get them".

Alyssa was nervous to meet her new family. She was still upset about her mom and she'd do anything to get her back. Amy came back with an older woman approximately 40 years old, wearing a pastel pink shirt, jeans and light brown cardigan. She had tanned skin and dark hair

"Hello Alyssa, I'm Rosa" the older woman greeted. Alyssa greeted her back and the older woman proceeded to tell Alyssa about the home.

"It's a nice place, there are 4 other girls you can be friends with"

"That's nice, what are their names" Alyssa asked

"The oldest is Tia who's 16, Riley who's 15, Anneliece who is 14 and the youngest is Mia who is 9" Rosa told her. Alyssa couldn't wait to meet them. Being an only child, she always wanted a sister to hang out with. Now she had 4 to hang out with.

"When will I be discharged?" Alyssa asked, breaking the silence

"You've been doing really well, and your walking is improving lately so maybe sometime this week" Sarah answered her making Alyssa excited. Being cooped in a hospital room was making the teenager a bit stir crazy.

A few days later

Alyssa practiced her walking more and more. Her dizziness was going away and making her happier each day despite Morgan and the team going away on and case.
It was now Wednesday and the doctors speculated that it's possible for Alyssa to be discharged on Friday. It wasn't much but Alyssa walking up and down her small room made her happy. 

"You're getting better" A deep voice said from behind. Alyssa turned around. Stood in the doorway was Morgan. Alyssa smiled, running up to the agent with a massive hug. Morgan laughed before breaking the hug

"Actually I came here with some news, Alyssa" he revealed to her

"What is it" The girl asked
"Some family friends has come down for your aunt and uncle's funeral, along with some other members of your family"

"Oh, I don't really know my family that well, my grandparents divorced and my mom stayed with my grandmother who then isolated themselves" Alyssa told

"How come?" Morgan questioned. This girl had the most 'unique' family history.

"Beats me" She said. Even when her grandmother died, her mom and was still a quiet person. She was close to her daughter but had issues with trusting others. Probably anyone who dated a killer would have trust issues.
"When do you meet your new folks" Morgan asked

"I met them a few days ago, well just the woman but she seems really nice"

"That's great"

Derek and Alyssa continued to talk until visiting hours ended, some members of the team had dropped by to see Alyssa throughout the day also.