Making Up

There were no words to explain how annoyed Alyssa was. She hung up the phone, slamming it on her desk.

"What's wrong with you?" Anna asked her standing in the doorway after jumping from the loud bang the phone made.

"Nothing" Alyssa said bluntly gabbing her phone and shoving it in her jeans pocket as she walked off, shoving Anneleice in the shoulder as she went past.

"I'm going out" She announced to Emma and Tom, her new foster parents. Emma Thorne was a small woman, about 5'1. She had long brown hair with blonde dyed tips and light blue almost grey eyes. Tom Thorne also had blonde hair but short with soft hazel eyes.

"Where?" Emma asked

"Group project, I'll be back in 2 hours" She promised them. The Thorne's were one those 'freelance' parents who often let the kids do what they like so they let Alyssa go. But Alyssa lied about the group project, she just wanted some time to herself. With full knowledge of the cop who was protecting the house, she snuck out through the apartment block's basement window and made a lucky escape. Her phone continuously rang but the girl chose to ignore it, she knew exactly who it was and she didn't want to talk to him. When sneaking out, Alyssa wasn't worried about Scott. It's not like he knew where she was heading. He doesn't have eyes everywhere she thought to herself. And she was right.

Alyssa climbed one of the trees in the forest, not far from the block of apartments, and that's where she sat, contemplating everything. The memories with her mom and the good times with her friends. That's when she wondered. Why now? Why would Scott decide to strike now, of all he years he's been locked up he chooses now?

Alyssa sat at the highest point she could climb, the perfect view of the town. Lost in the moment, she wanted to stay here forever and never leave what felt like was true freedom. She could forget everything that happened and everything that was going on. It was just her, the heavens with the clouds that never spent a moment apart. Everyone that lied, everyone that kept secrets from her, everyone she thought cared about her. She could just forget. Until her phone ringing would bring her back to reality. 14 missed calls from Derek and 3 missed calls from Anna.

"Needy" She whispered to herself as her phone rang once again. She declined call without noticing name projected on her phone and silenced it, going back into her dream world.

"That's rude" a voice said from down below. Alyssa leaned over, grabbing onto one of the branches for support. It was Derek. The girl rolled her eyes, returning to her initial position to ignore him.

"Are you going to climb down or am I going to have to climb up" he said. Alyssa continued to ignore him. "He'll go away eventually" She believed. As she thought this, she heard leaves crunching. Derek was climbing up the tree.

"Seriously" She commented as Morgan reached the top.

"Yep" he replied, sitting in front of her

"How did you find me?"

"Your friend Anna, she ratted you out"

Alyssa rolled her eyes again, it seemed that no one could keep their mouths shut. She couldn't  obtain a single minute of privacy before someone ruined it.

"You shouldn't be here on your own, kid" Derek told her

"Unless my father has some sort of tracking device, I'm not worried" She stated, looking away from the agent

"Well I am. He's not working alone."

"Good for you. Good for him"

"Hey" Morgan exclaimed making Alyssa even more irritated. She just wanted be alone, why wouldn't he leave?

"Why are you here?" She asked him carelessly

"I'm here to apologise for not telling you about Scott"

Alyssa still didn't say anything but she did make eye contact. This time she was listening.

"We good?" he asked holding out his fist, hoping for a fist bump.

"We're good but I'm still pissed off" Alyssa replied giving him a fist bump, both imitating an explosion afterwards.

"Hey, language" Morgan scolded

"I hear you say that all the time"

"Do as I say, not as I do. Anyway let's take you home" he offered, beginning to rise from his place

"I can't" She said

"Why?"

"It's been 30 minutes and I told Tom and Emma that I was with friends doing a group project for a couple hours" The girl explained

"Ok then, what do you wanna do"

"You can teach me how to use a gun. I've always wanted to use one" Alyssa suggested pointing to Derek's gun that sat firmly in its holster.

"Definitely not" he insisted

"Worth a try" She laughed before both of them climbed down the tree.

Both of them continued to talk as they walked around before Derek took Alyssa home.