One More Problem

The next morning, one of the nurses to check Alyssa's vitals.

"Good morning Alyssa" the doctor greeted. She was quite small, about 5'1. She had long light brown hair in two French braids and brown eyes with black glasses.

"Hi, Sarah" Alyssa said

"How are you feeling, good nights sleep?" Sarah asked her

"Yeah I did"

"How about your dizziness"

"Only when I stand up"

"Do you want to try walking again" Sarah offered. Alyssa kept this from Derek. Alyssa had the ability to walk but everytime she stood, she felt dizzy after a while and would nearly fall. The girl stayed silent, avoiding an answer.

"Practice makes perfect" Sarah encouraged with a smile. Alyssa nodded and Sarah helped her out of bed. Sarah grabbed the girls hand and her arm wrapped round her in case she fell. Almost immediately, Alyssa felt dizzy but not as much compared to last time. She took a few steps before she had to stop when she felt like the room was spinning.

"Hey, that's better than last time" Sarah celebrated. Alyssa smiled at her, feeling like she accomplished something and felt really proud of herself. After her vision repaired, Alyssa tried a few more steps.

"Could I try it myself" She asked Sarah

"Of course" Sarah let go, keeping her arms out in case Alyssa lost her balance. Carefully, the girl turned and stepped forward her eyes trained at her feet. She took a few more steps towards her bed before she lost her balance and fell. Sarah caught her and helped her back to her bed. Alyssa sighed at her failure.

"That was brilliant Alyssa" Sarah highlighted but the girl still felt sad but happier that she improved her walking.

"It was better than last time, I guess" the girl replied

"Yes it was" The nurse exclaimed, patting Alyssa's shoulder joyfully.

"When is your friend, Derek, coming" She then asked. Alyssa didn't know how to answer. She didn't know what to say. She wondered the same thing as Sarah. When was Derek coming?

"I don't know" She said, masking her true emotion. Alyssa wasn't sad but she was annoyed.

"Ok, I'll check up on you later, ok?" Sarah told her

"Ok, see you later" Alyssa waved goodbye as Sarah left her room.

Lunch time rolled around and as usual, Alyssa was bored out of her mind.

"Hey Alyssa" a voice said. The girl looked up. It was Sarah.

"Hi" She introduced. Finally someone had come. Alyssa felt like she was going insane from the lack of fun.

"Seeming it's my lunch break, I thought we could play a few games" The nurse offered. The girl's face lit up for an answer.

"Do you want to play the game I gave you or something else like Connect Four or dominoes"

"All of them" Alyssa said with the widest smile. She was always a child at heart. Sarah laughed and proceeded to grab the requested games. They played for about 10 or 15 minutes when they were interrupted by a small knock on the door. The two girls looked up and Derek was standing in the doorway.

"It's about time" Alyssa said smiling, trying to hold in her laughter. Derek laughed along as he approached her.

"I'll let you two have a chat, bye Alyssa" Sarah said as she walked out leaving Derek with Alyssa.

"How have been kid" Derek asked leaning towards her

"Better" She replied

"OK then"

Morgan and Alyssa talked about their day, mostly Morgan asking if Alyssa if she's OK and Alyssa asking if there's any changes in the case. None of them got a satisfying answer.