3 Months Later

The team flew out for a case in Idaho. As they focused catching the unsub, JJ instructed Morgan to talk to the press to seek public help. No one had forgotten about Alyssa. But most of the team accepted that they couldn't help everyone. Not everyone, however.

Alyssa's eyes opened to crystal white ceiling before sitting up. She stared out the window to see the birds fly across, singing their good morning song to her. Alyssa smiled, for the first time in a while, and she climbed out of bed and made her way downstairs to where her mom was, making breakfast.

"Good morning Alyssa" Hanna said as Alyssa entered the kitchen.

"Morning" the girl replied she claimed her seat at the breakfast bar, watching her mother flipping eggs in the pan. Scott arrived and greeted the girls in the kitchen.

"Good morning, sweetheart" he said. Alyssa had tried her best to stay out of his way, in the beginning it was extremely difficult, but with the help of her mother, she managed.

Hanna served their breakfast before tucking in herself.

"What do you girls plan on doing today" Scott asked them, shoveling his food in his mouth.

"I think I'll do some drawing or something" Alyssa answered, finishing her plate. Scott nodded and he turned his head towards Hanna for her reply.

"Maybe some baking, you can help me Alyssa, if you'd like" Hanna replied. Alyssa nodded to her before retuning to her last bite of food. Deep down, she hated how her mom was normalising things. But as the days and weeks passed, it seemed unlikely they were ever going to escape. 

"Why don't you grab your drawings and show us" Scott offered looking at the girl.

"Sure" she said, hopping off her chair and rushing upstairs. As she searched her room for her drawings, she accidently stood on her TV remote. Something she'd recently been 'rewarded' with.

"Shoot" She slipped out when the TV screen lit up. Quickly, Alyssa grabbed the remote to turn it off but she couldn't. Something made her stop in her tracks. It was Derek. On TV. He was explaining a case.

"He forgot me" She whispered to herself. Half of her easy turning Alyssa against him but the other half told her the opposite. But she it made her remember who she once was. All the good times.

"Alyssa, are you alright?" Hanna called out

"I'm fine mom, I'm coming" the girl called, turning the TV off and rushing downstairs with her papers she grabbed from her desk. Alyssa joined her family, showing them what she drew. Mostly, they were the same thing. A drawing of the woods or a random objects in the house. Her parents complimented their daughter while looking at the papers.

"Dad, could you get me paperclips" Alyssa asked. She hated calling him that, but Scott got angry when she wouldn't.

"What for?" Scott asked, his voice seemed to go deeper when he said it

"To put my drawings together so I don't lose them" She answered. Her father looked at her weird. A look that confused her. Was he angry? Confused?

"I think she'll be okay" Hanna added, Alyssa still oblivious as to what was going on. Scott took a deep breath before agreeing to her request.

"Thanks" the girl said, hugging her dad and returning to her room.

"How did it go" Rossi asked Morgan, referring to the press conference.

"Good" the agent replied, barely making eye contact. Dave walked towards him, wondering what was bothering him.

"You ok?" He asked, already knowing that Derek wasn't.

"Fine" he said bluntly

"Is this about Alyssa?" Rossi questioned making Derek open up

"I feel like every case we take, the more this team just forgets about her like she never existed"

Rossi assured him that wasn't true and that not every case can be completely solved. Alyssa was becoming  a victim in a cold case, in an old fi;e in an old storage room where it will likely lay forever.

Alyssa sat beside the table, scribbling on a piece of paper while her mother cleaned up the various bowls and whisks she had used from baking a cake. As Alyssa drew, a box was placed in front of her.

"There you go" Scott said, looking at her while Alyssa opened the box. Paperclips spilled in her hand as she thanked him.

"You're back" Hanna exclaimed running up to him, wrapping her arms around him. Scott did the same and kissed her forehead before letting go. This is how Hanna had been acting to save them from trouble. They both hated it, but they had no choice. 

"I'm going to watch TV" Alyssa informed. Alyssa ran to her room, chucking the paperclips on her desk. She turned on her TV to see the news again. It was the team, still explaining the case they were working on. Alyssa thought about Derek, over and over. She couldn't tell if this was the world talking her that he's there or if he's moved on and forgot about her. The girl stared at the paperclips and an idea came to her mind.