Bad Day

At the BAU

Like the everyone else, Morgan arrived at the BAU. It had been a rough few weeks but everything seemed to settle down. Alyssa had a great family and was doing really well. However Derek couldn't help but feel like he let the girl down. He was supposed to protect her but he failed.

"Hey, how's Alyssa doing?" Rossi asked, approaching Morgan

"She's great, her family's really nice" he answered

"What about you?"

"I'm good" Morgan said but Rossi gave him a look of disbelief 

"I am" he insisted. Rossi didn't believe him but walked off anyway.

At Alyssa's School

It was the first day back at school for Alyssa after being away from a couple of weeks. She was nervous but excited. Alyssa missed her friends but was worried about the gossip going round. No one knew about Alyssa's link to Leah's murder nor her father but it didn't help her anxiousness. She made it to the first class, her friends Ella and Kylie sat beside her. About 20 minutes into the lesson, she excused herself to go to the bathroom.  As she approached the girls bathroom she saw Leah's locker in her peripheral vision. Alyssa looked towards it before walking over. Leah's locker was wide open, filled with candles and pictures and bright colored flowers. All the memories started coming back as one tear fell after another. Alyssa ran to the bathroom where she burst into tears. She leaned against the wall, sliding down where her knees were against her chest.

At the BAU

"We have a new case" JJ announced on her way to the round table where everyone gathered when they heard the blonde. Reading the files that contained information on the case in front of them, they listened in to JJ and Hotch explain.

"This is Toby and Kate Warren, they were abducted from their homes 2 weeks ago and killed last week, another couple were abducted last week and killed 2 days ago, their identities haven't yet been confirmed" JJ began

"Currently, Edward Stone and his girlfriend Jodie Thomas were abducted yesterday" Hotch finished

"How do we know it's the same killer?" Prentiss asked

"All the victims were found in parks with their throats slit" JJ answered 

"This unsub barely has a cooling off period" Reid said

"So we only have less than a week to find Edward and Jodie" Hotch explained and everyone got to work. This case was local, it wasn't often they got a case that was.

"How are you doing" Garcia asked when she came to help the team

"I'm fine, why is everyone asking me that?" Derek snapped, immediately apologising to Penelope afterwards.

"I'm having a bad day" he admitted
Derek confided in her about how he felt about letting down Alyssa. Garcia gave him one of her positive pep talks to cheer him up and it helped for a while.

At Alyssa's School

10 minutes went by before Alyssa returned to her classroom. She was mainly waiting for eyes to go less red before she went back. She entered the classroom, ready to resume her lesson.

"You were gone a while" one of the students commented but the girl didn't bother turning around to see who it was.

"Are you OK, Alyssa?" The teacher, Miss Draycott asked

"I'm fine" Alyssa answered. Her friends asked the same thing when she sat down.

"I'm having a bad day" She admitted to them