An Escape

"Alyssa?" Her mom said to her, approaching her bed. Alyssa pulled her mom into a tight hug. Hanna held Alyssa close, rubbing her back. "Why don't you get changed while I make you hot cocoa" She offered. Alyssa, too scared to disagree, nodded before Hanna walked away closing the door behind her. The girl hadn't even notcied that she still wore her dress from her abduction. Alyssa went to the closet in her room. When she opened it, it was filled with clothes. After grabbing a pair of leggings, a plain t-shirt hand a hoodie, she changed out of her bloodstained dress and made her way downstairs to the kitchen where her mother stood there waiting for her.

"Here you go my darling" She said gently, pushing a mug in front of her.

"Thank you" Alyssa replied, taking the hot cocoa. After a few sips, Hanna began to walk out and towards the stairs. "Where are you going?"

"Stay here" Hanna instructed and Alyssa obeyed. A few moments later, Hanna came down with a few thumps on the stairs. She carried a huge and heavy bag with her, dragging to the kitchen. She dropped it by the table where Alyssa sat and let out a sigh. 

"What's that?"

"Clothes" Hanna replied. "We're getting out of here". Alyssa sat in shock. They were about to escape? 

Alyssa leaped from her seat, examining the huge black colored bag. 

"Where's Scott?"

"Out" Hanna answered abruptly 

"Where?"

"I don't know" She said. Her mom was clearly agitated. She was walking up and down the kitchen, occasionally looking through the windows.

"What are you looking for?" Alyssa asked.

"I'll explain later" Hanna continued to be vague so Alyssa gave up asking  questions. Each second passing by made Hanna walk faster around the small, open plan house. Alyssa looked through the kitchen window. Just trees and overgrown grass. The windows were bolted shut, along with all the doors. How did her mother plan on breaking out?

A door opened making Hanna gasp. She immediately turned pale. Tears formed in her blue eyes, her hand covering her mouth. Scott appeared, approaching the kitchen. He smiled at Alyssa until he noticed the huge bag by her feet. He looked confused, looking at Alyssa, and then to her mother. 

"What's this, Hanna?" He questioned coldly. Hanna stood still, completely clueless. Alyssa tried coming up with an excuse to save her mother, but she couldn't think of anything. Scott kneeled down, zipped open the bag, revealing piles of clothes inside. Alyssa could see the anger building up in his eyes. Hanna could see it too. 

"Alyssa, can you go to your room, please" Her mom's voice broke. Alyssa began to shake her head and then Scott stood up and faced her. 

"I agree with your mom, go upstairs, Alyssa" He said, staring down Hanna. Alyssa, scared out of her mind, slid of her seat and went upstairs to her room. She closed the door behind her, immediately hearing screams bellow downstairs. Alyssa fell to the floor, covering her ears and sobbing.