20: Clingy

There was silence inside the room as Tanya continued to work with y/n practically sitting on her lap clutching her by the neck.

"When are you getting off of me, y/n?" She questioned while resting her chin on y/n's shoulder.

There was no response.

"Y/n??" She called out before pausing on her work to tap y/n's back.

"Y/n, are you asleep..!?" She said before patting y/n's back.

Yep, she was asleep. Great, right?

Sighing, she continued on so she could finish her work, and just as soon as she also finished it, she stood up while carrying y/n.

'You're lighter than me... How the hell are you lighter than me?' she thought as she made her way over to her bed, plopping y/n down on the bed before trying to pry the hold off of her neck.

"Tanya, where the hell are you going?"

Tanya paused when y/n finally said something to her. Glancing back over to y/n she sighed before answering with, "to sleep in your bed, you detestable moron."

"Nope, come over here."

With that, Tanya was yanked by the arm and was pulled in on a hug by y/n who was smiling unconsciously at her.

"Y/n, let go of me." Tanya said while fumbling.

Y/n chuckled, she was still half asleep while pulling Tanya closer.

'Not only is she lighter but somehow stronger.' Tanya thought before she gave in and clutched on y/n's back.

"Do we have work tomorrow?" Y/n mumbled.

Tanya sighed again.

"No... No work, the last officer who was in charge of their training is coming back soon. He wants to keep training them, so we'll be riding the train again to go back to the capital." She said while resting her head on the pillow.

Y/n continued to smile as she leaned down and dug her face on Tanya's neck.

"Y/n, for the last time... Stop digging your nose in places you shouldn't." Tanya said, a tint of red on her face as she leaned away slightly from y/n.

"No way." Y/n mumbled while leaning closer.

Tanya grumbled in irritation as she clutched harder on y/n's back.

"Just shut up and go to sleep." Y/n continued before falling back asleep again.

Tanya raised a brow before complying with her.

...

"Would you quit it!?" Tanya groaned in irritation as y/n continued to cling unto her back. She was laughing her ass off too.

"You're way too serious, Tanya, chill out." Y/n said while keeping a firm hold behind Tanya's back.

Tanya sighed in defeat, her hands stopping itself from prying y/n's hold of her as she crossed her arms in wait.

"Y'now... It feels like everything is going so fine. Do you think we'll ever encounter something bad?" Y/n pondered while resting her chin on Tanya's shoulder.

"Something bad?" Tanya wondered.

"Yeah... Like, what if we get taken down while on a mission? Wouldn't something affect one of us?? Maybe I might suddenly get angry when you get shot or maybe you might suddenly get angry if I get shot." Y/n explained.

Tanya placed a hand on her chin in thought.

"That would seem likely to happen, the curse Father gave is quite strong. Somehow affects you more to be clingy on me." She said.

"Look who's talking, you were cuddling me the whole night like a cat! The cute part is how you were already shivering from the temperature in the room that I had to sit up and pull the covers on--Ughrk?!"

Before y/n could finish, Tanya muzzled her off with an elbow at the side.

"Uuhhh... Right in the ribs..!" Y/n wheezed in pain as she was brought to her knees while trying to contemplate the pain surging from the hit.

Tanya furrowed her brows at her.

"Did you seriously have to hit me in the ribs??" Y/n questioned while standing back up.

Tanya nodded.

"You deserved that." She said.

"Maybe I do and maybe I don't." Y/n shrugged as she took her briefcase when the train got near to arriving in.

"You do." Tanya insisted.

Soon, they went inside the train when it stopped completely.

Both sat together, facing each other with their suitcases by them.

"I hate the smoke." Y/n commented.

Tanya chuckled.

"You prefer the ones in Japan don't you?" She wondered.

Y/n nodded without a second thought.

"They're better than this one, Tanya, and I'm sure you know that too!" She said.

Tanya chuckled again.

"Alright, I suppose. I do take the trains in Japan to get to work before." She said.

Y/n smiled as she said, "now that I think of it, you were probably an elite salaryman before, right? From the way you work and stuff, you must've been one, right?"

"I suppose so, but how do you know about elite salarymen?" Tanya said, wondering as she raised a brow towards y/n.

Y/n hummed after saying, "my brother was a salaryman. He said he wanted to become an elite one day, dunno what he meant. But I was super proud of him killing a man who tried to blackmail him."

Tanya felt a trickle of sweat on her temple.

"Murder?" She pondered.

"I wish, but he said he hid the body well." Y/n said.

"How so?" Tanya questioned.

"He tied the guy by the neck with chains that were connected to a big heavy anchor and dropped it in the darkest part of the sea." Y/n explained.

'I'm dealing with someone who can really kill me...' Tanya thought before she said, "how about me? Are you gonna try and kill me one day??"

Y/n laughed.

"No way! You're the only person who I can talk about anything! Why would I kill someone who can entertain me without doing anything??" She exclaimed.

Tanya sighed. She really was dealing with someone who can kill her.