41: Father

"We'll have to check your physical health before we check your altitude to see if anything changed." Elizabeth explained.

"Understood, but I don't have my computation orb though... It kind of shattered because of it having to overload." Y/n said while sitting down on the table.

Elisha smiled as she took out two pieces of candy from her pocket.

"The doctor is writing down a few things in your medical records here after getting your older medical records in other clinics and hospitals, it just came in this morning at six." She said.

Soon the door at the very back opened and out cam the doctor who had a baffled look on their face.

"Is there something bothering you, doctor?" Elizabeth asked in worry.

Jack almost jumped out of his skin if he wasn't paying attention to the people in the room.

"No, no... It's just that... These two survived harsh things before in their old records." He said.

"Why? Is it abnormal for us to even be alive until now??" Y/n wondered while passing a candy over to Tanya who caught it with ease.

Tanya raised a brow over to the doctor.

Jack chuckled before saying, "no, it's not that... It's just that, it's a miracle for you two to be alive until now."

"I'd rather you not use miracle as a word for that, I hate that word and she hates that word." Y/n said while pointing a finger over to Tanya.

Jack mentally gulped as he nodded in understanding.

"So what did you find so surprising then?" Y/n asked before eating the candy.

"Well... Major Tanya here has supposedly survived an explosion, which earned her the right of getting a silver wing badge. Not only that, she fell to the ground hard, causing her to either break more than one bone, dislocate more than one joint, and perhaps even go blind in one eye or both because of the explosion near one of her eyes. The computation orb she used before in the records had a self-destructing sequence in it in which all of the orbs have, and the explosion is already fatal if it happened close to her face in which did happen close to her face, she would've died even before she could've fallen to the ground." Jack said.

Y/n's eyes were wide in surprise with Tanya just feeling a tad embarrassed the doctor was telling that. She shouldn't be feeling embarrassed about that. Even the two nurses in the room were a little shocked by that finding.

"And Major y/n here survived an ambush while in a mission, in the air, she was barged forward with a group of what was supposedly elite mages. She earned herself a strong shot that pierced through her chest, it surprised everyone how they only found a patched up chunk of flesh and skin that seemed to beat strong. Such intense regeneration it was that they called it with you earning the right of getting a silver wing badge for complete destruction on the enemies leaving only one survivor that's now in prison recovering to severe trauma in the head." Jack continued, y/n's maniacal record was longer and more shocking than Tanya's.

There was a moment of silence in the room before y/n said, "it's not our fault Father made us like this."

"W... What? What did you say??" Jack stammered.

Y/n shrugged as she said, "Father probably didn't want us to die that easily so he did this to us. I survived a large shot to the chest, she survived an explosion up close, and we're still alive as if it never happened."

"You two still have a biological father?" Elisha wondered.

"Wait, if you two have a father why isn't he taking care of you?" Elizabeth added.

"Yes! They're both correct, you children shouldn't even be anywhere near war and politics!" Jack also added in as well.

"You're expecting Father to care for us all by himself by feeding us, bathing us, and sending us to schools??" Tanya huffed while crossing her arms.

"And you do know we would've already been dead by now if we didn't join the military, right? And if we hadn't decided to take care of ourselves instead too, right??" Y/n added, backing up Tanya who nodded in response to her answer.

The doctor and both nurses were in shock.

'How can a father be this careless!??' Elisha thought.

'So they were abandoned by their father making them have to join the war to be able to feed and live off a life..?' Jack thought.

'These poor children have suffered at the hands of a careless man... How horrible.' Elizabeth thought.

"So are we gonna do the check-up now or what??" Y/n pondered while swinging her legs back and forth in the table.

...

"Your altitude was way too high, it was inhumane even for me knowing I never believed in magic." Tanya said while walking beside y/n.

Y/n exasperated a fake gasp before she said, "so what?? Be happy the smoke we inhaled didn't really ruin our superpowers or something."

"Superpowers..?" Tanya repeated with a raised brow.

"Oh, fuck off..." Y/n huffed while quickening her pace of walk beside Tanya.

Tanya blinked only once before she rushed over to match y/n's speed.

"Are you irritated about something? About me perhaps?" She asked.

"Not really, you just sound way too serious sometimes, that's all." Y/n shrugged while stretching an arm for a quick second.

Tanya hummed before looking around.

"It's a nice day don't you think?" Y/n pondered.

Tanya glanced around a bit more before smiling as she said, "yeah..."

"Let's go this way." Y/n said while immediately shoving y/n in a gloomy path.

Tanya raised a brow while following suit.

"Why?" She asked.

"There were kids from my orphanage, no clue how they ended up in these parts but I hate them and I might kill them if I get too close." Y/n answered.