29: Lost

Y/n turned to look and saw Tanya standing there with cold breaths.

"Oldy? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be 'not good with cold places'??" She said while standing up.

"I'm sorry." Tanya said.

"Geez, you're gonna get sick again!" Y/n said while taking her hat off and putting it on Tanya's head.

"I don't care if I get sick, you worried me this much to get out and look for you!" Tanya said.

Y/n perked up slightly.

Smiling lightly, she like pulled Tanya close to her.

"Why are you even worrying for me? I'm pretty good with any cold temperature and would be back unscathed and all. Unlike you, you'd be put into a bed because of staying too long out in the cold." She pondered.

"I don't care, just come back... Please." Tanya said, breathing heavily and slowly as she clutched on y/n's coat.

"I was having so much fun playing with the dog though." Y/n huffed.

Tanya raised a brow.

"Dog? What dog??" She asked.

Y/n parted from Tanya and pointed at the pup that sat wagging its tail towards them.

Tanya's eyes widened.

"Y/n, that's not a dog!" She said before they both heard a loud howl from the distance and a faint growl followed next to it.

"That's a wolf!" She continued before yanking y/n by the hand, immediately dragging her out of there.

...

"Pass, that was a dog." Y/n said after they both stopped running.

Nothing really chased after them, but the howl and growl made them aware they'd get chased if they didn't run by then.

"Y/n, tell me exactly why you would think it's a dog." Tanya huffed.

"Because it was a good boy!" Y/n chimed.

Tanya felt a nerve in her temple as she clutched her hands tight before saying, "are you an idiot or what..!?"

Y/n laughed.

"C'mon! I'm just joking! I knew it was a wolf, a puppy from a wolf and all but it was a nice one, I bet it's seen humans before to be nice to them." She said while patting Tanya's shoulder.

Tanya frowned, cold air lingering close to her breathe as she reached her hand out and held y/n's hand.

Y/n perked up with a confused look while smiling.

"Hand holding??" She wondered.

"Shut up. I don't know where we ran off to, and they're probably worried sick of us both suddenly disappearing without an early excuse." Tanya said while giving a sudden firm grip on y/n's hand.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Hey, hey! Don't hold it like that! You'll break a bone, stupid! Or worse leave a grip mark or something." Y/n said before flicking Tanya's nose.

Tanya sighed as she kept a hold on y/n's hand.

"Let's go, I'll lead the way..." She said.

"Nope, I'll lead. You look tired." Y/n hummed while taking a step forward, stopping Tanya who frowned and rubbed an eye back awake.

Y/n smirked mischievously.

"Want me to carry you agai--URHK?!"

Before she could finish her question, she was immediately muzzled off with a punch in the face.

"Did you really have to punch me in the face??" Y/n hissed in the cold pain as she rubbed her aching cheek before standing back upright in front of Tanya.

Tanya huffed, cold breathe coming out of her lips as she furrowed her brows towards y/n.

"Geez, you just look like a tired mess, ok!? I'll carry you, c'mon."  Y/n said while reaching her hands out.

"No, do you want to embarrass me by carrying me all the way back??" Tanya said.

"It's not embarrassing if they've seen it once before." Y/n snickered.

Tanya raised a brow.

"What do you mean seen it once--?! Oh, what the hell, y/n!?" She immediately got the realization in her head.

Y/n laughed as soon as Tanya tried to hit her again. Dodging the hit, she continued to laugh while covering herself with both arms.

"C'mon, let's go, I'll carry you and then we can cuddle." She said while keeping a hold on Tanya's hand as she led the way.

"Cuddle? Seriously?" Tanya blurted out while walking beside y/n.

Y/n nodded.

"Don't you want to cuddle? You slept like a baby just last night y'now." She said before continuing with, "you even said I was pretty warm."

"I was tired and irritated of your sickening babbling last night, y/n..." Tanya said while looking around the dark night.

The forest was dark. It was a wonder of how she hasn't realized how dark it's actually gotten by then.

"It's quite dark." She commented.

"Of course it is, what did you expect the surroundings to be? Super bright??" Y/n wondered, sarcasm in her tone of voice as she looked around before pausing and taking out something from her side pocket.

Using her computation orb, she lit the surrounding with her and Tanya.

"You bring your computation orb everywhere with you?" Tanya wondered.

"Don't you bring yours around too??" Y/n chimed.

"I only use it and carry it when needed, I don't just bring it everywhere I go, y/n." Tanya said.

"You never wondered if you should've brought your computation orb with you hours ago??" Y/n snickered before getting hit in the side with a punch.

"You deserve that." Tanya said while looking around before walking, dragging y/n with her while she was at it.

"Did you really have to punch me in the gut too?" Y/n huffed while surpassing the pain and holding her orb in front of them to light the way.

"Seriously, where did you even drag me while running, Tanya?? It looks like we're super far!" She said.

"You're jinxing our situation more, y/n, stop." Tanya said while using their only light source as a small guide around them.

"YoU'Re jInxiNg OUR siTuAtIon MoRe, y/n, sToP."

The mockery was very clear in y/n's voice when she repeated what Tanya told her.

Tanya grew a nerve because of that.