37: Jokes

There was a moment of silence inside the vehicle.

'Is it just me, or is major y/n's uniform just a little smaller than before... Or is it just her fast growth spurt..?' Keith wondered before he said, "major y/n? Can I ask something?"

"Ask away." Y/n shrugged.

Keith pointed a finger at y/n's clothes while saying, "have you been hitting your growth spurt early, Major? Your uniform looks a bit smaller than before."

Tanya and y/n felt a tangy feeling in their tongue when he asked that.

'Holy shit! If I lie and say it's a growth spurt, Tanya would probably be so mad at me! And if I tell the truth they're probably gonna wonder why I'm wearing her uniform, I could maybe even tell them we sleep together.' y/n's mind was going mad as she stayed quiet for a while before saying, "my uniform got wet so I'm borrowing one from Tanya, she told me this was only a tad big for her so she let me have it."

Keith was a little surprised by the answer. Everyone inside the vehicle was a little surprised by the answer.

All in a while Tanya was feeling the need to be suicidal with y/n mentally laughing.

"Why? We sleep in the same room?" Y/n said.

"You sleep in the same room!?" Keith stammered out flushing. Oh, he got the wrong idea.

Everyone went wide eyes from that.

"Yeah, sleep..? What else is there to do?" Y/n hummed.

'Holy shit, he's thinking of us actually having sex.' she was clearly laughing inside her head. Being good with acting really does help a lot.

Keith faked a cough and abruptly nodded.

"O... Of course..." He mumbled down.

He was a little embarrassed, everyone was listening y'now.

After a minute or so, y/n grinned and crossed her arms.

"Were you thinking of us having sex with each other at a young age??" She asked.

Keith jumped in his throat.

"What!?? N-No! Of course not, Major!" He stammered.

Y/n chuckled.

"Luitenant... I never knew you were into those kinds of things on children." She snickered.

Everyone stared at Keith for that. Either confused, disgusted, or shocked.

"No! Of course not, Major!! I would never!" He stammered. He really wasn't into those things.

"Are you a perverted person under all that mask you wear by looking weak??" Y/n teased.

Keith was left baffled to stammer to himself.

The whole ride was filled with laughter after that.

...

"It's funny how they actually thought we have sex together, huh..?" Y/n said while flying under.

Tanya sighed as she flew higher to see the planes getting closer.

"We would be the talk of the town if it really happened or we were rumored about it, y/n. Watch it." She said.

"Aww, c'mon! You've gotta have found it funny in some way!" Y/n said while aiming forward and commanding open fire towards the incoming enemy mages before continuing with, "I even told the truth to make the joke work better! Aren't there any jokes that can get through that thin funny bone of yours!? Laugh at a joke from me at least once!"

Tanya frowned as she commenced to attack ahead.

"What do you mean to laugh at your jokes for once..? I've laughed at them for how many times you've told me a joke, y/n." She raised a brow in confusion when she said that.

"No way! You never laugh at any of my jokes." Y/n snickered before pulling the trigger and loading another bullet in.

"Laughing while on the mission is not a good idea, y/n." Tanya said while rushing up.

"What if I make a reason for you to make a joke for me?" Y/n wondered before warning her side of the troops of a strong incoming attack.

Tanya huffed before landing down on a plane, bombing it before shooting the other ones that tried to shoot her down.

"Y/n, if I tell you a joke will you shut that damn gun for a mouth of yours?" She wondered while staying in the same spot when she looked down to see everything going fine.

"Wow, are you really gonna do it, Mr. Smartass? If you do I'd prefer you to make a joke that's from Japan." Y/n chuckled while looking up at Tanya. She herself was also done with her own side of the work and her troops were just giving what true destruction means to the enemies.

'From Japan, huh... I'm not even that too big on jokes...' Tanya thought before saying, "I saw a guy yesterday, the next day I decided to fire him and here I am in this hellhole forsaken place after he pushed towards a train."

Y/n was confused as she wheezed laughing.

"What the hell was that!? You just translated your joke! That wasn't even a good joke at all!" She said between laughs.

Tanya smirked.

"But you laughed, so that's considered a joke now shut up and do your part of the mission." She said before a cloud of smoke barged right in front of Tanya and y/n, blinding both of them to cover their faces and cough over the smell it was giving.

It felt tangy to the throat and irritating to their eyes, something close to being garlic and pepper at the same time as dust particles.

"Major y/n!!" Keith let out a shout of surprise when someone threw what seemed to have been a smoke bomb towards his main Captain.

"Captain!" That was also a yell that came from Visha who saw Tanya also get hit by something close to being a smoke bomb.

The coughing was visible through the radio before it suddenly began to slowly deteriorate into a broken static.

And like that, they were both gone.

...

Muffled breathing and heavy footsteps rang through y/n's ears as she sat up and held her head.

What the hell happened you may ask?