35: A reincarnated man

Visha immediately rushed over beside Tanya and handed her a letter from the HQ.

"They need immediate large air enforcement for a believed incoming large wave of enemy mages..?" Tanya wondered after taking a read off of it. It sounded and felt like a joke to her.

"Wanna do it?" Y/n asked before saying, "a spy found out that the enemies were training a lot of mages in secret to attack by air and help the ground soldiers to barge through everything."

Tanya hummed before saying, "we'll have to do this. There's no excuse to put in front of this if we don't."

Y/n smirked.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yes, and there is nothing else related to it, just work." Tanya blurted out while sitting down beside a table.

Visha hummed before asking, "majors?"

"Yeah?"

Both young superiors spoke in unison.

"Can I ask what Japan is..?" Visha said.

Y/n and Tanya went wide eyes from that question as they both exchanged looks.

Even the other officers in the room went dead silent because they've heard of that word before in the forest.

"Hmm... Ever heard of otherworldly people before?" Y/n asked.

Tanya sighed as she crossed her arms and said, "if you're gonna explain, you better do it correctly."

Y/n chuckled.

"I will, I will." She said.

"Otherworldly..?" Grantz hummed with a confused look.

Y/n nodded.

"People who came from a different world. Mostly, they're people who are reincarnated into that world, most of them can't remember their past life and some can remember their past life. It's like me and Tanya, we're otherworldly people and we came from Japan that's a place." She explained.

The adults in the room were in a baffled state. Reincarnation? Japan? What is the meaning of life anymore?

"It's a complicated thing if you know about it but don't believe it, just like atheists who find believing in gods hard but they know about it." Y/n said before hopping up the table and sitting with crossed legs.

"You'll have a hard time understanding it because you're not reincarnated like me and her." She continued while pointing at Tanya.

"I see..." Keith hummed with a hand on his chin as he continued to process the knowledge in his head.

"Y'now, Tanya, I've always wondered which part in Japan you lived and died in..." Y/n pondered.

"You've proven your point in explaining, don't question me unnecessary things." Tanya said.

Y/n raised a brow while grinning.

"You're not gonna answer that little question for me??" She asked.

"No." Tanya replied. Her answer was quick, short, just a small yet simple answer to clarify that she didn't want to answer it.

Y/n sighed in defeat.

"Fine, I won't budge if you really don't want to answer that question for me." She said.

...

"What a great day..." Y/n mumbled under her breath while strolling down the road.

She should be taking a rest to prepare to be sent off tomorrow to the war zone but here she was, using that two hour left of daylight strolling around in her officer uniform looking left and right.

'Boy... I should really look around more often some stuff change fast.' she thought after seeing a newly painted sign for a restaurant.

She continued to idly wander before deciding it was time to head back.

It was... A bit dark by now, but not too dark at least. Just enough to figure out that it was five or something if she finds a ticking clock.

...

Sitting in a chair, Tanya stared out the window and for the sky. Finally, she was done with what little work was left to be done.

'Where the hell did that brat run off to this time of the evening..?' she thought as she continued to stare. Blinking tiredly from time to time as she looked around for something to find nothing.

'It's going to be past curfew for her and she might get herself into the police station if I'm correct.' she chained her thoughts over as she sighed and stood up to make her way over to her bed.

...

"Aaaaaarghhgh!! Help! Somebody!!"

That scream of agonized pain and begging came from a man in their twenties in regular civilian clothes with y/n twisting his middle finger backwards to a close breaking point.

"Hm... Not only did you try and stab me you're also a spy." Y/n pondered while looking through the man's notes in the other hand. Blood continued to seep out of the small wound in her shoulder, the knife grazed it badly.

Soon enough, people began showing up and wondering what was happening, theorizing why it was happening, until cops showed up.

With y/n explaining everything with the adults concerned for her well being because of the blood in her uniform, she bid them a swell evening before walking off. She really needs to get back sooner or later.

...

Tanya continued to sit in the chair in wait before a knock came from the door.

Standing up, she made her way to the door and opened it. Immediately did y/n walk inside with a hand covering Tanya's mouth.

"Shh... Shut up will you." Y/n mumbled quietly as she stumbled inside.

"Y/n?? Are you ok..!?" Tanya asked as she held the looping child by the shoulders.

Only did her eyes widened when she felt the blood and saw the wound.

"I think... The knife had poison in it." Y/n mumbled tiredly while laying her head down on Tanya's shoulder.

"What!? How long has the wound been there!? We have to get you to a doctor right now!" Tanya stammered while trying to keep y/n from falling over.

Y/n wheezed a laugh as she said, "no... Please don't, I think it's already gotten to me way too much, and please... Don't tell anybody even if it scares you..."

Then she went heavy and fell to the floor with Tanya having to keep her from falling too hard.

"Y/n!? Y/n!??" Tanya called out.