Chapter 20 - Harmony

Aahana's POV

"Aahana, what are you doing outside in the rain? Come, otherwise you'll catch cold." Yuvraj told me but I was in no mood to listen to him.

"Aahana?" He once again called me.
When I didn't answer, he again asked me
"Are you angry my love?" This time his voice was soft.

"Why should I always come to get you? In Dwaraka when we used to talk, I used to come to you. When you wanted to ask about my decision, I had to come to you. When we were getting married, I came to you on the threshold. When we got married, it was I who left my family to come to you. When Kaya was about to hug you, I came to get you. Yesterday, when you were about to eat that poisoned kheer, I came to get you. WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME WHO HAS TO COME TO YOU?" I screamed the last sentence as I turned around.
For the first time since I came here, I raised my voice. Tears were pouring out of my eyes but probably they were not noticable due to the rain.

"Why can't you come to get me. Just for once, for once." I whispered as I couldn't hold back any longer. I was still not over the fact that someone decided to kill him and the worst part, almost did. Someone tried to separate us. Even thinking about it is making me want to die this instant. I can't express the feelings in words. And on above all, what happened with Kaya, her death, all of this is too much.

"You are right. It's always you who come to me. You noticed that right." I heard him say as he slowly walked towards me.

"But what you failed to notice is.." He stopped right in front of me and held my face in his hands making me look him in the eye.

"Is that I only waited for YOU." He said making my Heart stop.

"I never waited for anyone in my life but only for you. No one in the world has the power to stop this dharmraj at one place but you have that power. No one in the world questions me about my dharm but you do. No one has the power to make me smile but you have. No one has the power to make me wait but you have my love."

We were breathing heavily. The atmosphere was cold but we both were warm due to our proximity.
He rested his forehead on mine as I closed my eyes.

"All this is because I love you. I love you to the moon and back." He said and I became angry.

I pushed him and said, "Really? You love me? Why should I believe you? You tell me I'm clumsy but you, you are irresponsible. You don't care about your life. You are a highly irresponsible man who doesn't care about his life. I hate you. I hate you." I was sobbing by now. I know it's absurd to blame him but I wanted to blame someone, I wanted to make him worry like he made me, I wanted him to cry like I cried. I wanted him to feel the pain that I felt.
I was punching him in the chest. Not really hard though. No matter how angry I am, I can't see him suffer.

"I hate you, I hate you..." I kept on chanting these three words like a mantra while punching him.
Suddenly he pulled me in a bone crushing hug. I struggled a lot in his arms but he didn't let me go.
After a few minutes when I was drained of all my energy, I stopped stuggling and hugged him tightly, still sobbing.

"I hate you...I still hate you...you are the worst person in the world. I...I.."

"I love you." I finally said it and hugged him like there was no tomorrow.

"I hate to say this but I can't hate you." I'll probably be dehydrated tomorrow due to all the crying but I can't help.

"I love you and I can't even imagine loosing you." I felt him bringing me more closer if possible. He was caressing my hair and somehow I calmed down.

Yudhishthir's POV

Never in my life did I imagine that three words, three mere words can bring a sense of fullness, a sense of satisfaction to me. The words she uttered were like a blooming bunch of jasmine amidst a garden of cactus, like a drop of water amidst a dessert, like a drop of elixir offered to a dying person. It was like, salvation.
I closed my eyes at the feeling and bought her closer to me if possible.